Broadcast Delivery Engineer
12-month contract – West London
We are looking for a Broadcast Delivery Engineer to join our huge client’s small team who supports several facilities within the London area. Delivery engineers accomplish projects and delivery. They are responsible for the implementation and delivery of the technical infrastructure used to provide Playout services.
The Broadcast Delivery Engineer will report to the project management team, with line management from the Professional Services Resource team. Delivery engineers will also work with third-party suppliers and operational teams to ensure good communications in relation to delivery issues and project transition into support.
- Have a detailed understanding of the assigned technical platforms and systems.
- Cooperate with other technical staff in delivering agreed configuration changes or fixes.
- Contribute to the design of new systems within area of expertise.
- Complete project implementation tasks as assigned by a Project or Technical Manager.
- Lead small technical projects, e.g., Hardware refresh of existing systems or system improvements.
- Experience with GV automation and playout systems (Morpheus and ICE) advantageous.
- Experience with Skyline Dataminer DMS software advantageous.
- Experience of IP video (SMPTE 2022-6/2110) advantageous.
- Experience of MediaProxy advantageous.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise work with good interpersonal skills with the ability to closely work together and optimally with various levels and audiences.
- Communication and IT systems as they relate to the Broadcast environment.
- Audio/video equipment, editing and production systems.
- UNIX / Linux Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Operating Systems.
- An understanding of different database technologies.
- A good understanding of networking technologies.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team, but also capable of carrying out tasks unsupervised.
- Solid understanding of customer service with the skill to view systems in terms of service provision rather than as discrete technical components.
- Strong consensus of the need to maintain good records of system configuration and other associated documentation. Able to prepare and author such documents.
- Appreciates the complex nature of a live broadcast environment.