MacOS Engineer – Accessibility Consultant
Rolling contract up to 2 years
£600-700 per day – Inside IR35
Client: Global consumer electronics
Are you passionate about building MacOS/Macintosh applications that everyone can use irrelevant of additional needs? Would you like to work with a team, whose role is to support, advise and shape how Apple applications are built, helping to make sure they’re accessible to more people? If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a varied role, where you’ll be working with a variety of global teams. You will be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire development lifecycle, adding new features and solutions, liaising and co-ordinating with various functions, and represent the Accessibility team positively and effectively at all times.
You’ll need to be technically astute to support and consult with diverse teams. They will look to you as the expert in this area to help them ensure the best out-puts.
We’re looking for:
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control, Zoom, Closed Captions, Screen Magnifiers, Adaptive Keyboards etc.
- Expert understanding of Excellent Web Accessibility, Best Practices, Accessibility APIs specific for MacOS Applications.
- MacOS / OS X programming experience – Objective-C & Swift
- Excellent experience with AppKit, Xcode and Cocoa frameworks
- Understanding of accessibility APIssuch as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOSand macOS
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile and desktop devices
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects at any given time.
Successful candidates must be able to articulate professional experience with Digital Accessibility, able to adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe.
Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility is essential.