£400 - £450 per day
11 months ago
Wordpress developer (Media) - Twyford, Reading
£400-£450 per day - 6 Month Contract
Our Broadcast/Media Disrupter client produces entertainment TV and VOD content and broadcasts own and other owner's channels on their platform for smart TVs, set top box and any internet-connected / mobile devices and monetises own and customer's content through sponsorship and programmatic advertising.
The group also produces and broadcasts multiple radio stations on DAB across London and the South East and globally online an via mobile apps and streaming via the website.
THIS IS NOT A SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT WP ADMIN / EDIT ROLE.
- Responsible for the development of multiple websites
- Responsible for WP data & database management, themes, design & playout, plugins, customisation and optimization
- Write code on a daily basis ranging from complex custom modules to simple CSS tweaks
- Develop the full stack including UI Design and front end coding
- Develop custom PHP applications to business requirements
- Work with team members (who are your 1st line customers) using agile planning and delivery techniques
- Work with team members to automate configuration management and deployment
- Integrate applications with other enterprise and 3rd party services
- Analyse and fix application functional and performance issues
- Evaluate plug-in solutions to meet application functional needs
- Write and run tests for the code you write
- Run code reviews with team members
- Proactively suggest improvements to the codebase both to enhance the application and support Only Motors to meet its objectives
- Inquisitive, self-learn new skills and bring them to work and apply them
- May occasionally need to work outside of normal working hours
- Ideally live within a short commute of Twyford, Reading RG10
- Experience working on websites that will be seen in many countries and understanding that a small code change can have a large impact on the perceived speed for the end user
- Great communications skills being able to talk infrastructure to system admin one minute and explain how to use a new widget to a team member the next
- Twitter Bootstrap
- CSS pre?processor and related built tools
- Understanding of caching mechanism, such a memcache.
- Building WordPress plugins and themes
- Code profiling tools such as xedug and new relic.
- Documented history of open source, github profile or similar.
- MySQL tuning and optimizing queries
- Developed using cloud systems such as AWS / S3
- Understanding and implementation of SEO
- This is an TV & radio disrupter business and a small team but growing very quickly and lots of opportunities to grow with the business. The media and entertainment sector is very active at the moment, lots going on, hence lots of opportunity. This is a fascinating industry, fast-moving, fast-growing, and we're talking to the big players, e.g. Sky, Virgin and US corporates about our great channels, content and world-beating advert replacement technology
- Those who understand this industry will be aware that the marketplace is changing very quickly. With the proliferation of distribution platforms (online, mobile, consoles etc.), the ability to license and sell our content and provide advertisers and sponsors with viewers across many regions is exploding. Consequently, this is an opportunity to be a part of that growth in building a team to make this a much bigger business, globally
- This is a chance to distinguish yourself in View TV Group and to set a course for what's going to be the future of entertainment, licensing and advertising in the years ahead.