10 days ago
Accessibility SME and Trainer - Permanent
Flexible Working - Competitive Salary
We're working with a world-class accessibility consultancy who led the development of the accessibility standards ISO 30071-1 and BSI 8878, which help organisations mature in accessibility.
Their goal is to advise organisations in how to best apply and ensure compliance with these standards, and other technical accessibility guidelines such as WCAG. This is achieved through their 5 keys to unlock solutions to the critical elements of accessibility maturity: Expand Awareness, Embed Strategy, Enable Process, Measure Effects and Continually Evolve.
They're looking for someone to deliver web accessibility training that will:
- Enable developers to understand the access needs and assistive technologies used by people with an impairment and/or disability, and
- Advise developers on the latest coding techniques to create responsive websites that meet WCAG 2.1 AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) across desktop, tablet and mobile.
- To provide bespoke accessibility training to developers in client teams, and public training to developers from multiple clients (both remotely and, when safe to do so, on-site)
- To collaborate with the Training Lead to ensure course delivery is consistent, compliant and reflects our commitment to quality (incl. keeping training up to date with updates to WCAG)
- To work directly with teams of developers to ensure an understanding of the accessibility challenges of the digital projects they are developing, and supporting them with the coding of accessible solutions to any challenges they're facing.
- To undertake development of accessible component examples, where required.
- London based/remote working with occasional overseas opportunities.
- Course Design and Delivery.
- Provide training and mentorship to delegates.
- Support clients with accessible code development
- Contribute to the development of accessible code examples and digital components.
- Experience in developing and delivering accessibility training for client groups
- Experience in training course design
- Experience in evaluating training effectiveness, and set & mark assessments of 'transfer of knowledge' to delegates
- Familiarity with remote and online learning tools and platforms
- Experience of explaining and demonstrating assistive technologies, specifically NVDA and JAWS on desktop and VoiceOver on iOS, and ideally Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Experience of conducting accessibility audits and using automated testing tools
- Solid all-rounder expertise in digital accessibility e.g. accessibility strategy, website audits, accessible development, design, and content authoring.
- Proven experience of engaging with, influencing and appropriately challenging clients and team members.
- Knowledge of creating and delivering blended training.
- Experience of leading client projects and inclusion programs.
- Management of local and virtual project teams.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you please send your CV today, or give us a call on 0207 479 7980.