West End, London
£150 - £170 per day
4 months ago
Technical Support Engineer - Audio Streaming Aggregator
£170/day, 4 days / week - Fully Remote
As this will be working with a non-profit SME, this role falls outside of IR35
We're looking for a talented Support Engineer to join our Non-profit Radio aggregation and innovation client's operations team. You will be working alongside their Senior Technical Coordinator, providing technical support to a wide range of radio stations and stakeholders both in the UK and further afield.
- Provision of first-level support for UK radio stations including helping with the set-up of products and services and overseeing the station support helpdesk.
- Provision of technical support for non-UK country teams including assistance with rolling out updates to products and following up on outstanding requests and enquires.
You will be expected to:
- Research and identify solutions to a broad range of related areas including streaming, web and mobile apps to XML metadata aggregation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues including working with the issue reporter to reproduce the issue as needed
- Communicate effectively with broadcasters and country teams to get to the root of the problem and provide regular updates on matters which take longer to resolve.
- Provide appropriate documentation, and work to author or update documents.
- Accurately track issue status using helpdesk software, ensure all issues are properly logged. Prioritise and manage several concurrent open issues at time.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to 3rd party suppliers and key members of the team.
Role-Specific Skills & Attributes
- Educated to degree level ideally in Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven, excellent problem solving skills - able to troubleshoot technical issues
- Proven experience as either as a support engineer, IT helpdesk technician or similar working with IT systems, mobile and smart devices and similar technologies.
- Must be able to work methodically, be highly organised and able to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both technical and non-technical staff
- Media experience - preferably radio, but television, film or digital is acceptable.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Basecamp and support ticket systems
- Have knowledge of media streaming including understanding stream formats, playlists etc
- Basic working knowledge of servers, Linux and cloud platforms like AWS
- Any additional certifications (AWS, Linux, Microsoft etc) a bonus
- Fluency in a European language would be beneficial but not mandatory
If this role is of interest and you are available ASAP/immediately, please get in touch with your CV today!