£400 - £450 per day
over 1 year ago
Technical Lead - WiFi / Mesh
£400-£450 per day - 6 Month contract
We're looking for a talented technical lead to join a huge London based Media, Broadcast and Internet company. This role will be to provide technical leadership & steer over wifi related development, incubating and applying relevant technical knowledge. You will need to work closely with software development and test teams, exploring different solution alternatives and make qualified recommendations based on analysis & supporting data.
- In-home connectivity products and technologies covering
- Broadband service delivery
- Video streaming delivery
- WAN Network technologies & protocols including ADSL, VDSL, Fibre, GPON
- LAN Network technologies & protocols including Ethernet & WiFi
- Expert knowledge of WiFi technology;
- 802.11 standards
- Wireless LAN Topologies
- WiFi Alliance standards
- Client management solutions, what, why & how
- Detailed knowledge of the software architecture of wifi systems including device drivers, settings management APIs, supporting management applications
- How to design, conduct and interpret WiFi testing covering function and performance
- Expert knowledge of Mesh network technologies from 1st principles including direct hands on exposure to some specific solutions
- End to end software development, from requirements capture, design, development, test and post release maintenance
- CPE end-to-end ecosystems including device provisioning & management, diagnostics and service delivery
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps and obtain, share and leverage new knowledge to close
- Ability to tackle complex problem spaces with high degree of unknowns with outcome of clear & communicable vision of solutions
- Produce persuasive technical guidance by obtaining pertinent factual data as basis of compelling steer
- Articulate clearly and succinctly both orally and in written documentation
- Can function across multiple stakeholders with potentially conflicting views to drive consensus and alignment employing compromise as appropriate
- Deep dive into challenging areas identifying, quantifying problem space.
- Obtain detailed understanding of current and future wifi technology space and provide source of authoritative reference to multiple stakeholders of different levels of technical understanding.
- Capture, maintain and circulate software requirements of any development work required.