£600 - £650 per day
about 3 years ago
Tech Lead - VoD - 6 month contract - West London - £650 per day
Teams: iOS, Android, Web & TV
Platform: Streaming media entertainment service - VoD / OTT - Europe wide
Sector: Broadcast and Entertainment
We are hiring a Tech Lead based in West London for a new exciting Video on Demand VoD/streaming entertainment service with a Universally recognised content brand. This is a key role responsible for setting the direction for the tech stacks for the different multi-platform teams across iOS, Android, Web and Connected TV apps. For this role we need someone with previous Video On Demand (VoD experience).
As well as great leadership qualities from a technical perspective the emphasis is on Front-end Tech stack such as "React" (Typescript if possible). Multi-platform experience would be ideal i.e. (understanding of mobile tech iOS/Android such as Swift / Kotlin would be great).
This is a new role and as such you'll be involved in the early stages of recruitment, onboarding and line management as the new teams form. You'll have overall responsibility for the day-to-day technical production of all new Digital OTT products across Europe, ensuring that products are delivered on time, within budget and meeting quality specifications set out by the business.
Your role will involve planning, organising, resourcing and managing a distributed team of developers & testers in collaboration with Delivery Managers as well as being responsible for keeping the relevant key stakeholders informed of all areas of the product - Product, Platform, Front End apps and Web. We're going to use GitHub, so hopefully you will have used this extensively before.
- Must have Video On Demand (VoD experience)
- Technical Lead experience with emphasis on Front-end Tech such as "React (Typescript if possible). Multi-platform experience would be ideal i.e. understanding of mobile tech (ioS/Android such as Swift / Kotlin would be great)"
- Exceptional leadership in project management, evangeliser, and enforcer of the standards and guidelines of our Development Process. A proven motivator and team leader, with the ability to drive teams forward while maintaining strong morale, focus and efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills. An eye for detail and proven organisational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment. To track overall budget and spending to ensure control of development costs.
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors; and to devote the necessary time to planning, directing and controlling team activities.
- Extensive, practical project management experience, managing budgets and spending with experience of controlling development costs, whilst ensuring quality is achieved and deadlines hit.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with different goals, objectives and aspirations.
- Excellent technical awareness and skills, including working knowledge of Backend: PHP Frameworks, Zend, Cake. GitHub
If you feel your skills and experience are a good match and you are free now or coming available soon, then please apply with our latest CV and we'll be in touch.