£200 - £300 per day
about 1 year ago
3 month initial
Research Analyst or Data Analyst or Consumer Data Analyst/Retail Data Analyst with good SQL and advanced Excel including Pivot tables who can provide data analysis and insight on large data sets within the consumer retail/media sector (this is not Clinical / health or Financial). Its about getting consumer insights from consumer data and consumer behaviour/ digital journeys and providing reports and proof of concept dashboards to give better predictions on sales etc.
My Client is a leading global brand in the media, retail and entertainment sector based in Hammersmith West London. We are looking for someone to join initially on a 3 month contract which is likely to be extended or go permanent in the future. It would pay approx £200-300pd. We would require someone to be available to start ideally by 1st April latest 8th April. We are looking for a strong communicator who has experience of a similar Research Analyst or Data Analyst role, analysing, manipulating and reporting on large sets of consumer/retail data. Using advanced Excel pivot tables and SQL and be able to build and maintain proof of concept dashboards and present findings to the business stakeholders.
Description of the role:
Core task is aiding the UK Research Director in analysing data from around the whole of UK Business and reporting it to core stakeholders from across different lines of business, and, where applicable, helping interpret the data to facilitate decision making and provide easily understood insights to stakeholders.
· In practice, update, collate and (where possible) improve existing reports.
· Work with the Business Intelligence team to build automated reporting capabilities based on your Proof of Concepts)
· Work on ad-hoc projects to help integrate data into the working practices of the UK marketing function, particularly around franchise management and retail.
Core skills required:
· Ability to analyse and summarise data sets around the needs of different stakeholders
· Identification of business problems and how data analysis may be able to both provide greater understanding of these and work towards potential solutions
· High proficiency with Microsoft Excel including Pivot tables and PowerPoint is necessary
· Facility with Microsoft Access would be helpful
· Proficiency with database programming languages (such as SQL or equivalent)
· Familiarity with R, Python or other similar data analysis tools would be beneficial
· Experience/Knowledge of statistical/predictive modelling also a plus