City of London, London
£500 - £550 per day
4 months ago
Solution Designer / Technical Architect - IoT Device Design
£550-650 per day - Outside IR35 contract
We are looking for a talented Solution Designer to work with our Digital/Hardware Design client on an initial contract basis. You will be working with global teams within the manufacturing world to work out what home automation solutions would be achievable with their products.
You will be looking at hardware and how this can be digitalised - so experience around web and mobile apps working with hardware/IoT as well as web applications or connected device development would be highly desirable.
This role will be like starting in a start-up - but with all the benefits of working with an established company, with a great pipeline of interesting projects to work on.
What skills will you need to have now:
- You'll be a problem solver - able to think creatively and to be hands on in solving problems
- You'll be able to support the team in the conceptual design process
- You'll have experience of full stack and hardware design/development
- Having some examples of prototypes and web apps you've helped build would be highly advantageous!
- You will also be presenting these ideas to technical and non-technical stake holders, so strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Because of the start-up like environment, you'll be happy supporting wider tasks and helping to shape the development environment, the processes, the tech stack, best practice. Are you up for a challenge like this?
There is no tech stack in place currently but if you are to tick off some of the following and be flexible to learn new technologies and reach out beyond your core skills then you'll be able to help define the tech:
NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, EmberJS, Flutter, Python, HTML5, CSS, Sass, REST, .Net, Java, Django, Ruby, MySQL, NoSQL, AWS, Azure, GCP, Git, MSTeams, Windows, Mac, microcontrollers, electronics, Arduino, Raspberry Pi……
If you are looking to work in a business where there is a real opportunity to work on ground-breaking projects for top tier clients, and where you'll be able to make a real mark/impact on the future of home automation - then send me a copy of you latest CV and we can arrange an informal chat to see if this is the right opportunity for you.