City of London, London
£400 - £450 per day
about 1 year ago
Senior PHP / Laravel Engineer
Fully Remote - £400-450 per day
Are you an experienced Laravel and Full Stack PHP developer?
Are you experienced in High ticket SEO niches like Personal Finance / Crypto Currency / Trading / Igaming/ Investments?
Looking for a flexible, remote role so you can work from anywhere in the world?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Our Affiliate Marketing client maintain a growing number of high traffic websites across the globe within the Crypto and FinTech space. A growing part of their business is building interactive tools to keep our users engaged.
They are looking for a talented and passionate backend developer who is proficient with PHP7 and Laravel (or another major MVC framework like Symfony). Initially you'll be focused on a back end greenfield project in the crypto space, building out a dashboard and managing GraphQL API's that integrate into our ReactJS frontend.
You will coordinate with the Product Manager to ensure sprints are completed and mentor junior developers in design patterns and best practices. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Develop and maintain a backend dashboard interface written in Laravel and blade
- Maintain our GraphQL API
- Look for ways to improve latency and speed performance as we scale up
- Mentor and train junior developers in backend best practices and design patterns
- Strong proficiency in PHP7+ including knowledge of Laravel or a major framework
- Experience of DevOps, server administration and cloud infrastructure (We use AWS)
- Unit Testing with PHPUnit or PHPSpec - the more the better!
- Experience with modern design patterns and ability to implement SOLID, ACID design principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and Query-Based APIs (such as GraphQL)
- Familiarity with modern pipelines and tools (GitHub actions, AWS' Code Deploy)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiar with creating and parsing data structures in JSON and XML
- Security conscious approach to programming
- You should be familiar with PSR-2 Coding Standard - we like to be able to understand and collaborate on each other's work with ease!
- MySQL, MariaDB or Amazon Aurora databases
- Knowledge of containerisation such a docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience with cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCS, Azure, DO
- Experience working with high traffic websites
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.
And what about the company?
Our Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing client is based in Central London (Monument). They build fast, robust and top-end websites appealing to audiences worldwide. Their sites cover news, education, comparison and reviews, within the following exciting niches:
- Forex & Online Trading
- Stocks & Shares
- Personal Finance, Loans, Banking
- Cyber Security & Software Technology
- Casino & Online Gaming
- Health & Nutrition
As part of a wider group, they were formed in 2018 and are currently home to over 20 Websites / Brands - with more in the pipeline. It is a fantastic time to join their team of specialist digital marketers. With proven track records in their respective fields - they are well funded, highly profitable (yes, already!), and primed for significant growth.