Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Senior Software Engineer - (dot)Net - Permanent - Leavesden - Up-to £65k per annum
Do you care deeply about your work? Do you have a passion for retail and eCommerce? And have you always wanted to build something big, from the ground up, and to really put your mark on something? Then this will be something for you!
We are showing the online retail industry for baby and kids clothing, how it's done!
About the role
Building an eCommerce platform is no small undertaking. It involves tooling for product information management, basket and order management, order processing, fraud screening, payment processing, customer returns, various integration and database work. Oh, and let's not forget our customer facing website! The tasks are really varied, hugely exciting, and come with lots of great challenges.
Customer is king at KIDLY, and you'll be key to delivering the very best we can to them. You can expect this role to be a well-rounded and all-immersive engineering opportunity where collaboration really is at the key of everything you'll be working on.
You will work closely with our CTO, and our lead software engineer, to shape the database and view models and ensure that the front and back-end implementations are executed harmoniously.
A little bit about you
- You will need to be confident about who you are and your abilities as a developer.
- You loveUI and real web development.
- You can talk to people. You don't need a business analyst to interpret what "the business" wants.
- You value clarityand know that sometimes a good spec has its place. You like moving fast, but you know that processes have their place
- You love learning. You know what your strengths are, and you are mature enough to admit to your weaknesses.
- You're not looking for a 9-5. You want something that has more meaning than that, and you're looking to be part of somethingwhere the role you play actually matters and makes a tangible difference.
Oh yeah, a bit about tech
We need someone that will be able to hit the ground running. We have a great team spirit although you will need fundamental knowledge and experience with the following;
- Engineering experience with .NETplatforms hosted in Azure.
- Server-side framework experience with NET MVC5 applicationsrunning on ASP 4.7+.
- Database experience with ideally Raven, Azure Table storage and Azure blob storage as well as SQL Azure.
- Hands-on experience with queues and subscriptions.
- We use Visual Studiofor development, but we're set up to be able to work with your editor of choice.
- Testing with NUnitand bespoke frameworks (ours is called MicroSpec)
- Development and design principles experience, we use Domain-driven Designand it inspires and informs all architectural and code design decisions.
- Zeplinfor collaboration between the developers and the designer.
- We Love Trello and Slack, all our code lives in Git and we build and deploy using AppVeyor.