West End, London
£550 - £600 per day
about 1 month ago
Senior Scala Developer - Kafka, Akka, Ruby, GO
6 Month+ Contract - c. £600 per day
We're working with a high growth, awesome, global online Food Delivery company that can offer huge challenges and enormous opportunity to grow your own career by working with some of the best in the business.
Currently there are 2 openings to join their Engineering team as a Senior Scala Developer working with modern tools/technologies, large distributed systems and an overall engineering friendly environment.
This is a growing team, with a very large impact to the wider company, Asisting with the overall care for internal and external processes and systems. The team are seeking to solve some of the most interesting challenges out there. They move fast, are always looking for new ideas and the entire company is very transparent about the decisions they make and why they make them.
If you have experience working to engineer, scale and maintain distributed systems & applications within a high-growth organisation and would love a new challenge, this may just be the role for you!
In a nutshell, we're looking to speak with people with experience of the following;
- Experience in a Senior Scala Developer position, mentoring and supporting teams of junior engineers/developers
- At least 8 years+ hands-on experience with Scala, Kafka, Akka etc.
- Solid experience with Ruby OR Golang.
- Experience with TypeScript, Terraform, Lambdas and general Cloud Architecture tooling.
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Use of AWS Containers / working on Cloud based platforms
- Experience Designing, Developing and debugging complex distributed systems.
- Comfortable working with sometimes unfamiliar codebases, including internal, open source and 3rd party code
If you would like to hear more about the company and the role in general, please get in touch with your CV and a short description of your relevant experience today!