City of London, London
£30000 - £38000 per annum + 10% Bonus, Pension, 30 Days Holiday
about 2 months ago
Senior IT Support Engineer - 2nd Line Support
Remote / London Bridge - £30-38k per annum
Our client, an AIM-listed marketing communications business based in London Bridge are looking for a talented IT Support Analyst to join their team to provide direct 2nd line support to their end users.
The group has over 2,000 employees across 35 offices in 14 countries compiled of 17 subsidiary agencies ranging from global market leaders to innovative start-ups and fast-growing small brands in the digital content, marketing, PR, marketing software, market research, public affairs, policy communications and technology space.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for IT support for the overall group and within multiple subsidiaries, some of which are based across London. This is a split environment between Mac and PC and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies such as Google Suite, Office 365, ShareFile, Casper, Kaseya, Windows servers and many more. Reporting to the Head of IT and working alongside the existing IT and Security teams in an environment where we are working towards a group aligned security program.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Support Analyst with both Mac and PC expertise who is ready to step up to a broader role. The ideal applicant will demonstrate:
- 5+ years' experience in similar IT Support positions
- Excellent technical knowledge of Mac, PC and Server hardware and software
- Working efficiency in SaaS platforms such as G-Suite and Office 365
- Experience supporting OKTA, JAMF, Kaseya, Meraki, Azure AD and Intune would be highly beneficial
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members - As you will know, this is a job for a 'people person'!
- Working knowledge of network technology (switching, routing, corporate firewalls) and protocols (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately and always operate with a high level of customer service
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendors and support consultants
Day to day, your core responsibilities will extend to:
Systems & Support
- Providing direct support to end users, always remaining courteous and service-focussed
- Handling Tiers 1-2 issues escalated via ticketing system (Freshdesk/Slack)
- Ensuring service request tickets are resolved in a timely manner and that queues don't build up - Escalating more technical issues to 3rd line team members
- Keeping computers up-to-date with security patches and maintaining security logs and reports
- Maintaining accurate asset inventories across the supported brands
- Creating and sending reports to management and brand stakeholders
- Implementing policies and procedures in compliance with global security controls
- Assisting with IT projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget
- Supporting larger project rollouts and expanding the support documentation
- Organising and maintaining all important documents and information