£500 - £550 per day
6 months ago
3 Month Rolling
Senior iOS Engineer - Accessibility Specialist / Subject Matter Expert
We are looking for an iOS/macOS Accessibility Subject Matter Expert to work for a global e-commerce GIANT within an initial fully remote position. As well as being well versed in iOS / MacOS application development environments (such as Cocoa and Cocoa Touch) you will also be an expert in accessibility.
The role will involve working closely with many teams simultaneously, and ensuring the best output from each team.
Key skills and experience required:
- Excellent programmer with experience in Swift and / or Objective-C
- Excellent knowledge of UIKit and AppKit
- Understanding of accessibility APIs such as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOS and / or macOS
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies, e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- * Past engineering experience
This role will be working within the Accessibility Centre of Excellence, a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across the business and offering consultancy services to various project teams.
Your role will be varied from auditing existing solutions, working with teams throughout the entire life cycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaising and co-ordinating with various functions and representing the team positively and effectively at all times. You will be a pragmatic and charismatic individual, able to push for the best results whilst also maintaining excellent relationships with all those you work with.
The successful candidate will be a fast learner, capable of adapting and adhering to internal guidelines and processes, and working to tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility is essential.
If you feel this contract would be relevant to your skills and experience, please apply now with our latest CV and we'll be in touch to discuss the role and the company in more detail.