£640 - £670 per day
2 months ago
Senior iOS Developer - 6 Month Contract
£670 per day (inside IR35)
I'm working with Europe's biggest entertainment brand to find an experienced iOS engineer. Think top-quality shows, breaking news innovative tech, must-have products. Experience here means the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. As part of their close-knit team, you'll gain excellent experience working within a very well renowned brand.
Working within the Core Client Team you will be responsible for building the playback-related functionality in their OTT products. The team's work is to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way.
The team owns the internally open source SDK which colleagues across the company use to achieve effortless playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox and Roku. The SDK abstracts the complexity of achieving playback on these devices and provides a single, simple to use API. We are now looking for a talented iOS Dev to join us in finding new innovative ways to build features and improve upon our video players.
- Build new features and maintain existing solutions within the SDK.
- Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release.
- Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally.
- Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues.
- A strong understanding of software design and development principles.
- An expert-level understanding of Objective-C and Swift.
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way.
- Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team.
- Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback.
Nice to have: An understanding of OTT Streaming Player technology.