Up to £550 per day
27 days ago
Senior Data Visualisation Developer
Remote - 2 days in Chiswick, London
Global Broadcast and Media company
Up to £550 per day
The Global Analytics team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the Direct to Consumer (DTC) business. The Data Visualization team manages a DTC data model and the reports which leverage this model. The Data Visualization team partners with the data engineering, data strategy, data science, marketing, content and product analytics teams within Global Analytics. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, the Global Analytics team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable the DTC business.
The Senior Data Visualisation Developer is responsible for delivering and maintaining the critical data visualisations which allow senior leaders to successfully manage the DTC business and make data powered decisions. The role works with our product, marketing and content analytics teams to understand stakeholder requirements and then delivers through Microsoft Power BI. The role primarily uses the established DTC dataset, creating new visualisations and adding new DAX calculations where required. This position works closely with Data Model developers, who use SQL to create queries in the data platform which then feeds the Power BI data model. The ideal candidate should have advanced Power BI skills and the ability to query underlying tables using SQL. A high level of proficiency in DAX, Visualisation and Data Modelling is required in particular. The team delivers new content every 2 weeks through Agile sprints.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Execute time-sensitive visualisation deliverables in conjunction with others on an agile development team.
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Content analytics teams to establish requirements and build appropriate Power BI data visualisations.
- Inform and support database teams to make changes required to support data visualisations.
- Lead discussions with end users to surface issues, requirements, and solutions.
- Work with business end-users to verify and validate data visualisations.
- Prepare documentation supporting data visualisation delivery.
- Troubleshoot and resolve business issues reported.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI (specifically DAX/Modelling/Visualisation skills)
- Experience querying data with SQL on multiple platforms, ideally Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift
- Self-starter with ability to work both autonomously and on a team
- Experience with digital media and/or direct-to-consumer products
- Experience working through Agile delivery models using tools such as Monday.com or Jira