£500 - £600 per day + (Inside IR35: Inc Umbrella and holiday pay)
27 days ago
Senior Data Model developer.
London Hybrid contract.
£500-600 p/d Inside IR35 (Rate to Umbrella inclusive of holiday pay)
Senior Data Model Developer needed for a well known Media Company working within the Data Visualization Global Analytics Division within Direct to Consumer which includes well known subscription video services. The ideal candidate should have advanced SQL and experience of the ETL / data ingestion/modelling aspects of Power BI. From a Power BI perspective, the focus will be on work in Power Query and the Data Modelling elements of Power BI as the focus of this role is backend. Advanced experience querying / shaping data with SQL on multiple platforms, ideally Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift.
This role would be Hybrid working 1/2 days West London/Home working. This role is inside ir35 so would require working via an Umbrella company. Must have the right to work in the UK and available immediately or within 4 weeks.
The Senior Data Model Developer is responsible for connecting to the data warehouses and creating/managing queries in our DTC data model which can be used in Data Visualization solutions across the business. This position will partner primarily with the data strategy team who manage ingestion of data from source systems and with the data visualization developers who build new reports in Power BI (primarily) and Tableau. The role will also work with our Marketing, Content and Product analytics teams to understand requirements from business stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have advanced SQL and experience of the data ingestion/modelling aspects of Power BI. From a Power BI perspective, the focus will be on work in Power Query and the Data Modelling elements of Power BI.
The Global Analytics team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the Direct to Consumer (DTC) business including subscription video services . The Data Visualization team manages a DTC data model and the reports which leverage this model. The Data Visualization team partners with the data engineering, data strategy, data science, marketing, content and product analytics teams within Global Analytics. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, the Global Analytics team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable the Discovery DTC business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Execute time-sensitive technical deliverables in conjunction with others on an agile development team
* Partner with data strategy team to establish requirements to extract, transform and load data from business data sources.
* Lead discussions with data users to surface and prioritise issues, requirements, and solutions
* Develop and follow data management best practices and support a central source of truth that that drives multi-platform business optimization as well as accountability across the organization
* Build SQL queries both as inputs to Power BI/Tableau reports and for ad-hoc analysis
* Work with business end-users to verify and validate logic and data outputs
* Prepare documentation of technical requirements and data definitions
* Troubleshoot and resolve business issues reported
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* Self-starter with ability to work autonomously or on a team
* 7+ years professional experience
* Advanced experience querying / shaping data with SQL on multiple platforms, ideally Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift
* Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI (specifically Power Query/Modelling skills)
* Advanced understanding of data architecture and data modelling
Must be based in the UK and have right to work in the UK.