City of London, London
£500 - £700 per day
about 1 month ago
Senior Backend Engineer - Machine Learning
£500-700 per day
Fully remote - Anywhere in Europe
Our global household client has a world-class Data Science organisation within it, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision making. They work throughout the company, in product, business and platform teams to answer some of the most interesting questions out there.
To make all of this possible, they need a state-of-the-art platform which allows them to quickly iterate on their machine learning models, train them on the data collected by their systems, validate their correctness, and reliably deploy them to production. The Machine Learning Platform team works on the tooling and best practices that supercharge ML, in a close collaboration between software engineers and data scientists.
People in our team utilise a variety of backend technologies to build scalable products and design complex distributed systems. You could be a good fit to join us if you have experience with the complexities involved in productionising machine learning models; are interested in both the data processing and the production side of the problem; and are passionate about taking the possibilities of machine learning to the next level.
We need skilled software engineers who enjoy solving infrastructure problems with code. We don't expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in some of these areas.
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- Professional experience writing infrastructure services and applications in any language, and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Ruby/Rails, Go, Scala) - Rust experience also highly desirable
- Experience in leading and taking accountability for projects
- Understanding of the infrastructure necessary for machine learning, such as training pipelines and feature stores
- An understanding of Data Engineering concepts and best practices
- Ability to coordinate technical changes across multiple teams and engineering groups.
- Experience with VMs, containers and serverless compute platforms. (We use AWS for compute, e.g. EC2, ECS and Lambda)
- Experience with distributed services and event streaming (we use Kafka)
- Experience with operating systems, configuration management and "Infrastructure as Code". (We use Terraform)
- Experience with SQL (we don't need you to be an expert, but you need to be willing to understand and craft some more complex analytics queries when needed)
- Experience with data processing pipelines (such as AWS Step Functions) and stream processing (such as Flink)
- Experience with monitoring Web applications (We use Datadog, Sentry)
- Experience with managing databases, caches and message queues. (We use Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis)
If this role matches your skills and experience, but more importantly your interest, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV OR apply to discuss in some more detail!