City of London, London
£600 - £700 per day
6 months ago
Senior Backend Engineer - Ruby, Golang OR Scala
£700 per day - Fully remote - Inside IR35 OR Anywhere in Europe
Our client, one of the original unicorn companies, is looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to help build and grow their state-of-the-art ML platform which allows them to quickly iterate on their machine learning models, train them on the data collected by their systems, validate their correctness, and reliably deploy them to production.
People in our team utilise a variety of backend technologies to build scalable products and design complex distributed systems. You could be a good fit to join us if you have experience with the complexities involved in productionising machine learning models; are interested in both the data processing and the production side of the problem; and are passionate about taking the possibilities of machine learning to the next level.
Do you enjoy solving infrastructure problems with code? If you do and have utilised some of the below technologies along the way, we need to talk!
- Ruby/Rails, Go, Scala - Rust experience also highly desirable
- Understanding of the infrastructure necessary for machine learning, such as training pipelines and feature stores
- An understanding of Data Engineering concepts and best practices
- VMs, containers and serverless compute platforms. (We use AWS for compute, e.g. EC2, ECS and Lambda)
- Distributed services and event streaming (we use Kafka)
- Infrastructure as Code (We use Terraform)
- SQL (we don't need you to be an expert, but you need to be willing to understand and craft some more complex analytics queries when needed)
- Data processing pipelines (such as AWS Step Functions) and stream processing (such as Flink)
- Monitoring Web applications (We use Datadog, Sentry)
- Managing databases, caches and message queues (We use Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis)
If this role matches your skills and experience, but more importantly your interest, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV OR apply to discuss in some more detail!