City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum
4 months ago
Senior Backend Engineer - Ruby / Rails - Permanent role - £75-£85k per annum
We're currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join an award winning Health Tech company based in Central London to assist with building new and maintaining existing services primarily written in Ruby. Much of it is done within Ruby on Rails. There is a mixture of full stack Ruby on Rails applications and REST APIs.
This new Senior Backend Engineer will have to be comfortable managing infrastructure using AWS, using tools like Terraform and Ansible. They will also need to be prepared to be on the on call rota to ensure the availability of services.
We expect you to have worked with a mix of programming languages of different paradigms working in cross-functional teams to ship products while working with designers and product managers.
Other required experience:
- Architect, develop and maintain complex Ruby on Rails applications
- Good object oriented programming design skills
- Writing code with Test Driven Development
- Pair programming
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible, Terraform or equivalents
- Cloud platform offerings such as AWS, or equivalents
- Working with continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- To be able to work on entire features, from concept through to production deployment ensuring the feature is built and deployed in a timely fashion
- To build an appropriate level of security into software
- To continuously practice Test Driven Development, including small incremental refactorings
- To be able to productively pair with colleagues
- To keep fellow team members updated on current work in progress, including any blockers or potential risks
- To plan and build incrementally, to ensure new features get into the hands of real users as quickly as possible
- To be continuously applying a lean and iterative approach to solving problems