City of London, London
£400 - £475 per day
about 2 years ago
ASAP within 2 weeks
Our Central London based Broadcast media client is seeking a Projects and Delivery Manager for Digital Products with VoD OTT App experience. Required to manage the delivery of web and mobile-based digital products (digital apps primarily). This position will provide successful management of third parties and their development and deployment of websites and mobile applications.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day complexities of delivery, across multiple brands, multiple geographies, with multiple vendors and multiple stakeholders. Accountable for the planning (inc. capacity) and execution (inc. dependencies) aspects of the 3rd party development and deployment processes.
* Project manage website and mobile device application development, across all phases of the project, to deliver within time, cost, scope constraints.
* Manages cross-functional project teams, identifies resources needed, assigns and prioritises tasks/responsibilities and ensures deadlines are met. Negotiate for and manage shared resources across multiple live projects.
* Understands objectives, processes and products in order to make educated recommendations. Minimises exposure to risk on projects.
* Focal point for communications from the project to wider stakeholder community. Present at workstream and steering committee levels.
* Day-to-day prioritisation of work operations, scope, troubleshoot reported project issues and create new processes to improve/maintain quality control.
* Support the Digital Programme Manager with the development of financial and planning estimates and validation of vendors' estimates.
* Contributes to the creation of project artefacts, e.g. User Stories, Requirements, Service Level Agreements and Requests for Proposals.
Skills & Experience
* Proven track record and relevant experience as a project leader and/or delivery manager and/or launch manager in the media and/or digital and/or entertainment space including VoD/OTT content delivery for Apps
* Experience with traditional waterfall and appreciation of agile delivery methodology and development methods as used by 3rd parties (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), and scaling methodologies within a corporate environment.
* Experience dealing with external development vendors and third-party service providers.
* Strong product, analytical and technology skills, complemented by a good understanding of content supply chain workflows in a video on-demand (VoD) environment.
* Strong team player and ability to collaborate with and influence stakeholders (including external vendors) to resolve issues, constraints and cross-project interdependencies.
* Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and to adapt plans as required throughout delivery.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to operate successfully in a cross-cultural environment.
We need someone confident in their approach who has had experience of digital product launches either directly or indirectly. We will need someone who is willing to take direction, be hands on with internal stakeholders and be able to manage external dev teams. The right candidate will thrive in this role if they are willing to get involved, but also be confident in their leadership abilities. This role is about product delivery, we are not looking for someone to come and change existing processes or evangelise agile practices, we need someone pragmatic with the focus on delivery and getting the job done.