West London, London
£550 - £600 per day + Outside ir35
2 months ago
6 months +
ASAP within 2-4 weeks
Broadcast Media Applications Project Manager Contract position. Our Global Broadcast Media client based in West London are Migrating from one Broadcast Management System (BMS Used for Channel scheduling and planning etc) to another. We require a strong Project Manager who has experience of managing software application and systems implementation / migration projects in the Broadcast Media Sector. You will need to have Broadcast Management Systems Applications specific knowledge or experience of managing other relevant broadcast system projects and have some knowledge of the workflows relevant to Broadcast Scheduling and broadcast planning operations.
This role is Project Managing the planning and onboarding of this Enterprise Application platform, helping to manage and prioritise the Business Analysis, Configuration, Testing and Training milestones and deliverables by providing detailed task analysis etc
Working with the BMS product team, BAs and other workstreams as required, the project manager will drive the planning and delivery of the migration and onboarding to the Mediagenix Whats'ON platform across EMEA & APAC.
The role requires a strong, hands-on and proactive project manager to provide detailed task analysis and prioritisation to a large number of activities. Taking the initiative to build and document solutions and processes to increase migration velocity while reducing the strain on existing resources.
The project manager will work with the product BA team to prioritise and coordinate their deliverables -configuration management and setup against the relevant planned activities for the migration - requirements definition, QA, user training, user acceptance testing, dual run, cut-over and hypercare. Setting milestones and weekly targets to focus the team on the priorities while assisting, where appropriate, with any work as required.
Ideal candidates will be highly proactive, detail-oriented, efficient and able to work on complex assignments autonomously. They will be able to identify, clearly articulate and resolve dependencies across broadcast workflows, systems and project activities. They must clearly communicate schedules, risks, status, and processes to various business and technical audiences. They must be able to partner with project managers and technical leads outside their area to coordinate and plan schedules and deliverables.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
* Project Manager with 5+ years of experience managing and delivering large-scale strategic projects in a well-established global technology organisation
* Experience of deploying/migrating large, critical enterprise systems in the broadcast media domain - This is essential
* 5+ years working formal application software development / System projects including those gained in the Broadcast Media sector
* Capable of managing, tracking deliverables/milestones, troubleshooting multiple initiatives in a deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams, vendors, and partners
* Proven ability to facilitate effective communication across disparate teams (including BA's
* Evidence of solid planning, delivery, and problem-solving skills
* Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (especially when working with leadership)
* PMP, PMI or other project management methodology certifications preferred
* Working knowledge of tools such as Smartsheet, Microsoft project preferred
* Agile/SCRUM experience
Looking for someone that
- Understands the implications of the Broadcast Workflows, Broadcast data and Applications like BMS.
- Someone with the ability to deal with complexity, deal with detailed task analysis
- Someone structured, efficient and organised and good at Prioritisation and resource management
- Proactive and able to anticipate problems
- Sensitive to stakeholders and resources under pressure - be a servant leader
* Work with the product team to plan and prioritise all the activities and deliverables to migrate the APAC and EMEA regions onto Whats'ON broadcast management system
* Develop and maintain appropriate project plans, milestones and timelines
* Ensure transparency of progress and issues/risks. Provide frequent and transparent communication to the business and technical senior management, project teams and stakeholders regarding project health, issues & risks
* Communicate status, updates, and project summaries via Smartsheet, presentations, email, and direct communication with key stakeholders
* Collaborate with other project and programme management colleagues to coordinate activities across multiple technology teams
* Lead Project Teams through the identification and management of risks and the resolution of issues, escalating to management as appropriate
* Effectively drive progress, even when the scope of responsibilities may be unclear
* Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams, with minimal influence from management
* Quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
* Leverage experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams daily to the successful delivery of software development projects