West London, London
£47000 - £50000.00 per annum + 5% Pens,Heath,Life etc
2 months ago
Broadcast Applications Engineer required to join a company dedicated to the development and project implementation of news editorial systems for TV and radio broadcasters worldwide. We require an IT focused Engineer with previous applications experience gained within a broadcasting environment.
The company is an established leader in this niche field within the Broadcast software industry, serving some of the worlds best known broadcasters and helping over 50,000 journalists plan and produce news broadcasts for global audiences.
The Project Engineer is to strengthen the small dynamic and friendly project team in West London, where the primary focus is for 2 of London's largest broadcast clients. You would help provide client specific installations, configurations, testing, documentation, training, Go live support and gathering requirements for changes or new implementations etc.
· Must have relevant broadcast IT Software Application Support or Implementation engineer experience (must have the software applications part, we are not not looking for someone who is a pure hardware broadcast engineer). Ideally looking for news room software applications but other broadcast applications such as scheduling would be the next best thing (even airtime sales, mam, automation, transmission mixing etc)
· Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent work experience
· Solid IT knowledge with a Mix of some of the following IT related Technical skills:
-MS Server, MS SQL, Virtual Machines, XML/XSLT, network engineering, AD, clustering
-Basic knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g. VB script, Java Script, xml
-MS Office components (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Visio/Project/OneNote)
-Detailed understanding of technology used within broadcast organisations, especially any newsroom computer systems NCS - Media Object Server (MOS protocol ) exposure would be great
· Open minded and curious
· Exact and reliable
· Team player
· Communication skills
· Resistant to pressure
· Must be able to work in dynamic fast moving environments
· Have a sense of urgency.
· Ability and Willingness to travel
· Fluency in English - German language skills are helpful but not required
Role will be split between customer sites in West London and the West End so Ideally needs to be based within easy commute of both.
There is also a more junior BAU support engineer role in the support team if you are open to shift work.