£500 - £550 per day + £500pd outside ir35
11 months ago
6 months +
Programme Manager (Media Transformation) with Broadcast OTT Operations/ Programme experience. Based on site in the Reading area, managing a Programme manager to migrate/ integrate channels onto a new Disruptive OTT service for the UK, USA, and internationally.
This role is urgent and for immediate starters only (Start by end of January), as there are channel customers ready to be onboarded!
This Programme Manager role is working for a Disruptive Broadcaster with its own and other owner's channels on its OTT/Internet TV platform for smart TVs, set top box and any internet-connected / mobile devices. It monetises own and customer's content through sponsorship and programmatic advertising. They are already working with corporate household names in TV and news media, Telco and broadcast corporations in the UK and US, disrupting the old ways of high-cost, low quality broadcasting. This is an exciting time to be part of this start-up TV Group as they ramp up operationally. The Platform is developed and tested over a number of years and they are now building the team to onboard numerous channels and expand operationally into BAU. This role is not a technical Programme Manager to help build the platform (as this is already done) but to help migrate the channels onto the new platform. This will include the creation/management/delivery of the appropriate processes and procedures that the new team will work to and to manage and implement change to those processes or workflows - (from a product perspective or onboarding of channels). Create a PMO for overall ongoing delivery and support.
(This role can be offered outside IR35)
- Programme manager that has planned and managed integrating channels onto a new platform or OTT platform Service
- Creation/change management/delivery of the appropriate processes and workflows that the new team will work to
- Previous experience of directing, managing and overseeing internal Broadcast Media programmes / projects ie: channel content management, channel onboarding, channel integration onto OTT platforms, migrating channels from other TV platforms
- The Programme Manager would be involved in overseeing the projects of our product and its associated elements such as the platform and the apps and which essentially won't change as the core projects.
- Work with and the primary function of working with the other roles such as the Product Manager and Channel Managers in a real hands on manner to ensure effective and timely delivery of all the objectives.
Experience of delivering programmes / projects relating to development and integration of media systems and operations, including OTT TV
- Experience of managing suppliers for apps / set top boxes (STB) / programmatic & premium ad demand / CDN
- Previous experience of delivering programmes / projects relating to the implementation of apps for TV and radio e.g. iOS, Apple TV, Android, Firestick, LG smart TV, Samsung Tizen smart TV
-You will have worked in a disruptor / Start-up environment before, preferably in TV, radio or press and have the experience to take that type of organisation to a more stable project-based BAU status. Someone with a corporate background but thinks and acts like an entrepreneur. ie must be quick thinking and acting and flexible who doesn't require lots of admin support and be excited by the challenge and prospect of working in a disruptor environment. Not be wedded to old broadcast technology
-Previous experience of delivering programmes in different countries e.g. UK & US
-Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and capability for scope, risk and opportunity management, quality management practices and processes
-Strong knowledge of Earned Value (EV) techniques
-Develop, as necessary, a PMO that will support the defined business goals and to support project teams Ensuring appropriate programme and project management frameworks are in place e.g. MSP, APM, PRINCE2
This role may need to work outside normal working hours / occasionally work to USA / Australia time and must be within a short commute of Reading area although some flexible working can be offered.
What's the attraction of this role?
This is a TV & radio disrupter business, with a small team but growing team, offering lots of opportunities to grow with the business. The media and entertainment sector is very active at the moment and this role will suit someone from the industry who is aware that the marketplace is changing and they want to part of its fast moving transformation. The business is already talking to the big players in the UK and US corporates about the great channels, content and world-beating advert replacement technology that we provide. This is an opportunity to be a part of that growth in building a team to make this a much bigger business, globally.