£535 - £663 per day + Inside ir35 £663pd to Umbrella
3 months ago
6 months +
within 2 weeks
Enterprise Business/Finance Systems Projects Portfolio Manager PMO - Leading International Enterprise requires a Projects Portfolio Manager to help set up and maintain a better PMO function/processes that will provide better governance of a large portfolio of International Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) Projects. Projects and stakeholders are typically Financial accounting Systems and process related, so we are looking for someone that has experience and knowledge of financial accounting business processes, as well as Projects in Enterprise Business Systems such as ERP/SAP project / PMO environment.
This role is initially 6 months but expected to go beyond that. The contract is Inside ir35. It can be remote but based in the UK.
This role will report into the Director of Financial Accounting with the aim of bringing improved project governance including project intake process, better project prioritisation process, clearer project visibility and tracking, improved Resource Management for internal as well as external project resources, forecasting resource shortages - especially for competing projects.
This role will be less focussed on project or system delivery and more focussed on coordinating and providing programme governance process across the project portfolio and a clearer view of the bigger picture. Ideally you will have helped set up or improve a similar international PMO function for Enterprise/Business Finance Systems / Accounting Systems Project environment.
We are looking for someone with a strong Project Manager & Portfolio Manager PMO background to develop and lead a governance program for International projects.
-10+ years experience - including 3-4 years Project & Portfolio /PMO management)
- Must have good familiarity with finance business processes (such as Order to cash (OTC / O2C) and collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g. Legal, Tax, HR, Operations)
- Working on a variety of finance systems projects (idealy SAP/ERP and billing systems - or similar such as Workiva, Workday, Kronos, Ariba, Oracle ERP)
- International experience -Working for a large international and being flexible with time zones
- Portfolio Management - Portfolio planning and prioritization experience in balancing the needs of concurrent projects with interdependencies
-Strong Resource Management, Tracking and prioratising
- PMO - Assessing and improving current Project PMO processes, identifying and implementing PMO technology/system improvements (ideally Smartsheets or similar), and developing solutions that meet organizational goals
- Coordinating activities with third party technology and financial partners (e.g. risk assessment, reporting, exception handling etc.)
- Estimating time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement a project or programs for Finance, IT and other stakeholders
- Leading / Coordinating complex IT integration projects - Not all the Projects are technical but most have an IT Systems compenent
- Media & Entertainment experience is a plus
- M&A integration experience is a plus - Many of the projects are a result of a large takeover, this could be Finance techology integration SAP, Legal entity change,
The position requires a high-level understanding of core business process, including Finance and Accounting, Tax, as well as the IT systems that support them to help identify inter-dependencies and potential impacts within the project and across multiple projects.
This position requires strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to connect with and lead a variety of project constituents. It also requires strong business analysis skills, at an executive level, to evaluate tradeoffs between conflicting requirements.
Most of the projects in the program include some degree of technical/IT work. The position requires strong experience in leading IT business applications programs and financial work processes to assess whether appropriate stakeholder engagement has taken place and opine on the associated resource needs
Project Manager Responsibilities:
-Define and implement a project portfolio management process, including prioritization and resourcing, for initiatives related to Controllership and Shared Services.
-Support the International Program Manager with communications including status reports, and Executive Steering Committee meetings
Provide input to the following:
-Initiative Intake Process
-Initiative Prioritization Procedures
-Development and maintenance of a resource management process
-Identification of resource gaps and propose alternative solutions
-Develop and maintain a program-level plan; identify scheduling constraints
-Manage stakeholder relationships with key executives
-Identify, clarify and resolve key issues; be an "un-blocker"
Other Required Skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and collaboration at an executive level.
-Excellent project management, organizational, and leadership skills
-Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to identify and resolve conflict at senior levels
-General understanding of the financial work processes so that this role can effectively see resource gaps/issues and develop recommend solutions
-Ability to diplomatically challenge stakeholders to keep aligned with priorities
-Extensive knowledge of program management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods
Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, computer science, information technology, or equivalent preferred
6 months, with possibility of extension
Based in the UK but the The work is remote (work from home)
The stakeholders are located throughout the world
You will need to be flexible in working hours to accommodate time zones to have real-time communication with key stakeholders