Up to £150 per day
3 months ago
Playout Director - Leading Global Media/Broadcast Company
One of the world's leading media services companies, working with broadcasters, content owners, platform operators and brands, the company blends technology and creative expertise to provide a range of services; from playout, multi-platform media management and distribution through to access services, metadata, content discovery, companion applications and brand consultancy.
The Playout Director is responsible for accurate, effective and smooth management and running of broadcast channels in a Playout environment to agreed contracted SLAs, on behalf of clients.
Playout Operations are manned 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Staff work carefully planned, European Working Time Directive - compliant rota patterns to cover this. Rotas vary from one area to another dependent upon operational needs. All areas include night working.
- Ensure that all schedules are ready for Playout and that they conform with OFCOM and client guidelines.
- Ensure that detailed checking is carried out such that all media/material is correct and consistent with paper and computerised information, in line with RBM and client requirements.
- To spot check media/material and monitor channels & streams in order to ensure that the output is accurate and that planned schedules are delivered as intended.
- To operate computerised single and multi-channel Playout equipment according to agreed procedures.
- To be aware of and able to deploy the Disaster Recovery plans where necessary and be prepared to make changes at the last minute, as required.
- To ensure that standby material is at hand for matters of emergency or equipment failure.
- To always be aware of current affairs and their impact upon media/material, schedules and against OFCOM or other editorial guidelines and to suggest changes as per client guidelines.
- To ensure that communication with RBM Managers and clients regarding late changes or alterations is timely and effective.
- Be a point of contact for Ad Sales and Media Planning both in and out of in office hours for late commercial, promotion, interstitial and programme schedule changes.
- Be up to date with RBM clients' service offerings and strive to ensure all standards are adhered to.
- Continually work to identify ways in which the service to RBM clients and their customers could be improved and mitigate.
- To fully log details of any incidents on the appropriate systems and escalate to the Duty Manager as required.
- To react and use emergency and manual processes to redress any incident affecting TX, in the shortest possible time, thus ensuring minimal outage time.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
Managing relationships - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Leading creativity - fosters imagination, creativity and experimentation, takes and promotes considered risks, celebrates creative successes and learns from failure, shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.
Communication - able to get one's message understood by adopting a range styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience.
Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one's own organisation or job requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in a technically driven environment where service provision is critical
- Knowledge of television transmission systems and equipment required
- Knowledge of the OFCOM and other relevant regulatory body guidelines
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised situation
- Media technical background preferred
- Experience in live sport preferred
- Experience in running a Network required.
The Job/Role Description Form is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to the position; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to the position.