£1260 - £1265 per day + (Inside IR35: Inc Umbrella and holiday pay)
12 days ago
Senior Network Architect (Security TSA 2021)
Contract Role 12+ Months Inside IR35 £1265pd to Umbrella
One of our large Telco Service provider Clients has a Senior Network Architect (Security) Contract Role available. Please note that this is not a straight forward Senior Network Architect.
Emphasis on this job is someone who has experience of being a senior network architect, but must have worked on large scale security projects related to legislation changes and ideally with the Telecoms Security Act (TSA) 2021. This person will be specifically looking at impact assessments, internal capabilities, what work is needed and where gaps are relating to the new TSA 2021. Experience working with and reviewing legal documents, security policies and the TSA 2021 or similar.
-Candidates must have evidence on the CV of working in an IT Security capacity as a Senior architect and also worked with legal and policy documents of this nature.
- Must have extensive Network Architect experience in either Fixed, Mobile (both would be amazing!)
- Detailed technical knowledge of three or more of the following network domains: IP and MPLS/BGP (Multi-Protocol Layer Switching) Ethernet based access, core, voice, entertainment, fibre and power systems, platforms.
- Ideally Industry recognised security certifications (vendor or body e.g. ISC2) Service Provider routing certifications (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
This is initially 6-12 months but likely to go beyond this. It is Mainly Remote WFH with some hybrid working in either Reading Hammersmith or Slough.
Deadline for applications is this Friday 29th 3PM
Candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK and lived in the UK for the last 5 years to get relevant clearance.
This is Inside IR35 with a rate to the Umbrella of up to £1265pd.
Network Architect (Security) is a senior technical role reporting to both the Director Technical Strategy & Architecture and the Head of Network Engineering. You will work as a senior technical consultant across the Architecture and Engineering departments, in collaboration with Engineers and Designers, to ensure the The network is watertight in terms of Network Security, encompassing domains such as IP/MPLS Routers, Ethernet switches, DOCSIS, PON OLTs, DWDM equipment, Data centre switches, Firewalls, Load balancers, SD-WAN, RADIUS, DHCP and DNS as well as all the associated network management systems, orchestrators and OSS platforms. Your main task will be lead and drive engagements to identify, build support for, and develop network improvement projects in this space.
Location: SE England - our key office locations are Slough, Reading, and London Hammersmith - although we currently work flexibly, leading and attending technical workshops including on premise are an essential part of this role.
* Scope and provide estimates for network improvement projects focusing on the security aspect, pulling together and defining all technical deliverables from architecture through to design, identifying major tasks/deliverables, skill sets, and resource effort required.
* Security scope includes both Cybersecurity as well as Network Resilience
* Consult into Engineering and Operational teams to perform technical discovery activity to determine the current situations and performance status, identifying quantifying and highlighting any gaps found
* Provide detailed solutions, identifying technical prerequisites and inter-dependencies.
* Provide network technical consultancy for NSE with the aim of shaping and scoping network and security solutions.
* Provide a contact point for answering ad-hoc questions on any networking or security subject.
* Liaison and consultation with Technical Design Authorities across the organisation.
* Providing technical input to Impact Assessment requests, and collating other such responses into integrated output reports
* Authoring and maintaining controlled documents.
* Interface with project stakeholders to understand and contribute to architecture and engineering deliverables.
* Cross functional management of technical deliverables within defined SLAs, helping to identify relevant technical ownership and accountability.
* Engaging key stakeholders to clarify and facilitate technical requirements delivery.
* Identify technical prerequisites/dependencies between functions and across workstreams.
* Support technical analysis across wider CTO functions including Service Platforms and Operations.
* Engaging with vendors around technical solutions and specific deliverables for projects or programmes.
* Detailed technical knowledge of three or more of the following network domains: IP and MPLS/BGP (Multi-Protocol Layer Switching) Ethernet based access, core, voice, entertainment, fibre and power systems, platforms, equipment, and infrastructure, DOCSIS and XGS-PON based access, SD-WAN, Photonic (optical) Networking.
* Emphasis is placed on experience in and knowledge of the telecommunications landscape, together with experience of the end-to-end lifecycle (strategy to architecture to engineering and low level design and handover to Operations). This experience could have been gained in technical, operational, product management, and/or delivery roles.
* Vendor management: shows experience and skills in managing and monitoring vendors, and vendor relationship management. Practical experience with one or more of the following equipment vendors: Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Ciena, F5, Checkpoint, Fortinet, VMWare, Nokia, Infinera, Ciena.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed, as well as experience in communicating, persuading, and influencing at senior stakeholder level.
* Able to motivate and influence busy technical staff members without direct authority
* Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment.
* Excellent organisational and delivery skills.
* Expert in all applicable UK legislation relating to Network Security (including zone based and perimeter models) and Resilience.
* Knowledge of emerging cloud security models for on-premise, hybrid and public cloud
* Can organise, chair and report back on technical workshops, deep diving into the necessary technical detail yet maintaining participant motivation and productivity
* Resilient character in dealing with setbacks and challenges
* Able to work dynamically and with several projects at any one time.
* Having both Mobile and Fixed telecoms experience a bonus
Advantageous certifications as support evidence:
* Industry recognised security certifications (vendor or body e.g. ISC2)
* Service Provider routing certifications (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
#ISC2 #TSA2021 #NetworkSecurityJobs