Up to £425 per day
almost 2 years ago
6 months +
ASAP within 4 weeks
Network Architect based in West London working as part of the Global Infrastructure Network Architect team you will responsible for the network infrastructure roadmap of our global network and associated high level design work for specific product and broadcast customer requirements.
Working closely with and developing strong relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. You will also work closely with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates.
Experience required in the following areas:
* Currently working in a Network Architect role, Providing Design, strategy & vision for all global network infrastructure including; the global WAN, Enterprise Network & Security. (you must already have progressed from an engineer role)
* Handle the design & deployment of IP broadcast video, audio and ancillary services using multicast across the global network.
* Demonstrable skills in designing architecture for large-scale global integration projects.
* You will be comfortable in translating business requirements into detailed network architecture designs.
* Highly proficient in the design and deployment of MPLS WAN routing protocols (BGP, RSVP, MPLS, BFD), preferably with Service Provider or large Enterprise level of experience.
* Required experience with designing and operating Next Gen Multicast VPN networks.
* Required experience with Video normalisation, transformation, contribution and distribution and redundancy switching in IP (packet) networks.
* Required experience with Inter-AS multicast control, routing and switching.
* Required experience with Internet technologies, Internet peering, RIPE administration.
* Required experience in designing solutions with multiple LAN protocols (Spanning Tree, FHRP, OSPF)
* Required experience with datacentre design, Implementation technologies (Switching Fabrics, Chassis virtualisation, load balancing technologies).
* Desired experience with security technologies (Intrusion detection and prevention, firewalling, threat scanning)
* Experience with both public and private cloud designs and Implementation.
* Familiarity with hardware architectures from Industry vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, F5, Bluecoat, Brocade)
* Supporting the design & implementation of secure remote access solutions.
* Provide peer review & approval of designs provided by network & security architects.
* Understanding of industry best practices and methodologies for technology deployment.
* JNCIE Certified or equivalent is highly recommended, as is experience with both Cisco & Juniper Service Provider & Enterprise level equipment.
* Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
Please only apply if you based near London and eligible to work in the UK. This is based on site with the option to work 1 day a week from home.