City of London, London
£300 - £400 per day
9 months ago
Mid-Senior WordPress Developer
6 month contract - £350-400 per day
We're working with an amazing scale-up company based in central London who maintain a growing number of high traffic WordPress websites across the globe. We are looking for a talented WordPress developer to ensure these websites remain fast and optimised so we can deliver great content to our users. You will work within a small team of developers and work closely with Design and QA to ensure best practices are met. This is a fully remote role and the business hours are 9-5:30 Monday to Friday.
- Reporting to the Lead WordPress Developer and the Head of Tech, you will monitor performance of our existing portfolio of websites ensuring they are fully optimised, fast, secure and error free
- Migrate and upgrade new websites to our hosting environment ensuring they follow our best practices
- Support webmasters and site editors with performance optimisation of their websites
- Work alongside external development agencies and ensure work is delivered to a high standard
Requirements & Tech Stack
- Strong knowledge of the WordPress Platform
- Understands WP architecture and knows how to perform database and plugin/theme optimization for WordPress
- Experience developing AMP-friendly and mobile optimised landing pages
- Knowledge of Google Web Core Vitals/Lighthouse for SEO Speed Optimization
- Experience scaling high-traffic websites, for example using caching technologies to improve performance (Redis, Memcache, CDN's)
- Strong knowledge of Linux, including web servers such as nginx, apache and configuring for optimal performance
- Experience with cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCS, Azure, DO and running WordPress websites in the cloud
- Ability to monitor, measure and optimise site performance using tools such as GTmetrix, Page Speed Insight/Lighthouse and react to changes with the Google algorithm
- Strong experience with best security practices (locking down WordPress sites, ensuring server access is secure)
- Excellent Communication
What's in it for you?
- Minimum 3/6-month contract, £350-400 per day.
- Working with a company on an exciting journey of growth alongside excellent developers who will listen to and incorporate your ideas. MAKE YOUR MARK!