West End, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Flexible Working
9 months ago
Full Stack Ruby Developer - Health Tech Company - Permanent
A multi-award winning health tech company working in partnership with the NHS Is looking to grow their development team.
This is an opportunity to work with a not for profit with an appetite for social good, innovation and sustainable growth.
- This is a rare, incredibly exciting and rewarding opportunity to join a high performing team and a rapidly expanding health tech start up, with a meaningful social mission.
- We are looking for confident, talented and motivated developers to help take their services to the next level, enabling continued growth in the UK and internationally.
- You will be ambitious and thrive in what is a dynamic and fast-paced business, in a fascinating, fast moving market.
- This is a cross-functional team working through some very unique challenges.
- We're looking for developers who love working with Ruby and want to do some social good.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience with Rails & TDD
- TDD true believer
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Good at communicating with all parts of a business to help shape requirements
- Enjoys collaborating with other developers to build maintainable and elegant code
- Comfortable with running servers and devops best practices
- Experienced with balancing refactoring and delivering for the business
- Have a working knowledge of technologies such as Modern CSS & JS (ie. React, Jest, Webpack), Postgres and Ansible
- Enjoy pushing the boundaries of online service delivery and helping people!
What's on offer:
- Very competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working considered
- Chance to work on multiple different apps, from customer facing journeys, to backend API services
- Work on a project doing immense social good and rapidly expanding
- Annual bonus
What to expect each day
Working in a very agile fashion, reviewing tools and practices as you go. You'll be joining a team of 6-8 full-stack developers who care about testing and code quality. There are daily stand ups and regular retrospectives to make sure context is shared and ensure constant improvement.
The work is often split between building new services for the platform, and refactoring and improving our existing code to enable future growth. You will build and maintain multiple applications running across a medium-sized cluster of servers; everything from stateless public sites to API-only applications.
The work is very varied; sometimes more focussed on better devops processes and backend improvements, other times building new services for users with lots of CSS & JS. It's a great role for those who like some variation in their work, though equally the work can be biased in one field if you prefer. This is a very business-integrated team, so you'll often collaborate with colleagues who are researchers, designers and clinicians; the aim is to work together to build the best service you can.
Our hiring process
- Please submit your CV (public code examples and references are also appreciated).
- CV's are anonymised and reviewed by senior members of the development team. They're looking for relevant commercial experience as well as skills that may be useful in upcoming work.
- We ask candidates with promising CVs to submit a short coding test. This is done remotely in your own time and shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
- We then invite candidates to interview, in person or on a screen share, to discuss the role, your experience and ask a few questions about your coding test.
- Finally, successful candidates will be offered the position and we'll get down to building some exciting new services!