£500 - £550 per day
6 months ago
3 month rolling
Native App Developer - MacOS Engineer - Accessibility
Rolling 3 month contract - Remote - up to £550 per day
Client: Global consumer electronics
Are you passionate about building apps that everyone can use, regardless of ability? Would you enjoy working on a team whose role is to support, advise and shape how apps are built, helping to make more applications accessible to more people? If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a varied role, where you'll be working with global teams. You will be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, representing the team positively and effectively at all times.
You'll need to be technically astute to consult and support with diverse teams and to help them ensure the best outputs, so we are looking for:
- Excellent programming skills - particularly Objective C and/or Swift
- Expert knowledge of AppKit (and UIKit)
- An understanding of accessibility features across Apple MacOS products
- Knowledge of testing using assistive technologies such as VoiceOver and Switch control (if no commercial experience using these tools, you will need demonstrate your willingness to learn and provide examples of this)
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Excellent communication skills
If this role sounds like a good fit for you and you'd like to find out more about the company, the team and the work, then please send us a copy of your latest CV and we'll be in touch to discuss further.