£550 - £600 per day
about 1 year ago
TV Streaming Application
£600 per day - Inside IR35 - Long-term contract
We are looking for top Engineering talent to join one of the worlds most renowned Broadcast/Media Brands!
The ideal candidate for this role will have deep technical expertise and problem-solving skills, matched by a passion for design and user experience. The team you'll be joining builds the user experiences for TV applications on WebM, Android, iOS, FireTV, and tvOS. If you delight in delivering high quality, fast, and efficient mobile, web, and connected device applications to millions of customers, then this is the role for you.
This team have built a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of their network's brands globally. They are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS.
The platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. This has been and will be built using user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. You will be expected to build components for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles. This growing, global engineering group is crucial to the company's future.
Within this team you will;
- Participate in architectural design sessions and data optimizations to produce a fast, scalable product on the Connected Devices platform
- Ensure high-quality code is delivered. This includes monitoring app crashes, memory usage, and product quality; and participate in issue resolution.
- Participate in automated quality assurance phase of the development cycle.
- Participate in the day-to-day support of project initiatives including participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
- Assist in the implementation of effective Engineering processes and policies that emphasise quality
Key Skills and Experience;
- Proven experience in a hands-on position, shipping Connected TV applications into production
- Knowledge of working with Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, Fire Tablets and Amazon VSK
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, implementation, and performance tuning.
- Strong software engineering skills (software design, algorithms, data structures, design patterns)
- Strong experience with REST APIs
- Experience with Linux command line