£400 - £475 per day + Inside IR35
16 days ago
IT Manager - Gaming Industry
Hybrid - Knutsford, United Kingdom
6 Month Contract (potential to extend/perm)
Up to £475 per day - inside IR35
Are you a gamer who has transformed your controller skills into IT management? If not gaming, then a media background will benefit you in this rare opportunity to join an international gaming company, who are linked with a giant media broadcast company. They're offering an initial 6-month contract with the potential to show your expertise to potentially secure a permanent position with the company.
Maybe you've come from an IT support background and have powered-up throughout your career in to managing an IT team and infrastructure, and now you're seeking the next level-up…
Based in Knutsford, or Wilmslow, this hybrid role will allow you to manage your team 2-3 days in the office. As an important pillar of the company, you will facilitate an international IT department merge and be comfortable instructing and mentoring others.
- Manage the studio IT team, including recruitment, day to day supervision, development and performance management
- Supervise and mentor IT staff, conducting regular performance reviews
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the organisation's stakeholders regarding pertinent IT activities
- Work closely with the global IT team on projects and strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain budget for the IT and project teams
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel
- Negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, consultant contracts and service agreements
- Liaise with IT leadership and studio management teams to deploy strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development
- Relevant IT Manager experience including team leadership (Gaming/media industry technology processes beneficial)
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and project management.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Infrastructure knowledge including SANs, firewalls, virtualization
- Good understanding of IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
- Experience with ITIL or a structured service environment
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
Do you have what it takes? Ping me a mail with your CV and let's arrange a chat…