Up to £425 per day
8 months ago
6 Months +
Infrastructure Architect with expertise in design of core Enterprise infrastructure including Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Cluster Solution architecture and other core enterprise infrastructure technologies and ideally some Cloud. Mix of Windows infrastructure, Linux Integration, Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V), NAS & SAN, SQL Server, SCCM and ideally some cloud and exposure to Automation Tools / Configuration Management tools, ie design of Ansible, Kubernetes & Puppet would be an advantageous.
This is contract role is based in West London for our client in the Broadcast Media Sector. Joining a team who are currently going through a global transformation of multiple architecture concepts to a single global unified infrastructure and architectural strategy, you will take ownership and be responsible for design and delivery of components of this strategy.
Must have held an Infrastructre Architect position previoulsy. This is not an engineer role but it would be expected that you have progressed from an infrastructure engineer role and moved into solutions design.
Required experience in a mix of the following areas
- Expertise in design of Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Cluster Solution architecture and Integration of core infrastructure technologies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Linux architecture & integration with Active Directory
- Expertise in the design & deployment of VMware, Hyper-V and other Virtualization Technologies.
- Basic knowledge in core enterprise network design & infrastructure.
- Knowledge Application deployment architectures specifically System Centre Configuration Manager advantageous.
- Experience with design of Ansible, Kubernetes & Puppet is advantageous.
- System Centre Configuration Manager architecture & deployment.
- Strong knowledge of storage hardware including NAS & SAN environments.
- Experience in the design and deployment of public key infrastructure environments utilising the latest technologies.
- Knowledge of architecture for privilege management and implementation across a large scale organisation.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Security, SQL Server Reporting Services & SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience in deployment of all infrastructure systems.
- Enterprise IT Lifecycle Management.
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure recharging & cost management within an enterprise environment.
- Ability to design and implement new systems
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Security Practices including experience in the design of group policies, machine hardening & management.
- Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
- A very high standard of written and spoken English.