East London, London
Private medical, life/travel insurance, cycle2work
about 2 months ago
Head of IT - TV Broadcasting - East London
Are you a seasoned Head of IT / IT manager / IT Director looking to join a fast-paced television broadcaster on a permanent basis, who will be rewarded with a competitive market rate and a great benefits package?
Based on-site at their impressive central broadcast hub in East London, you will oversee and influence the IT department operations, with a key focus on developing and mentoring 8 direct reporting technical staff.
This senior management role will require flexible working and out of hours availability to accommodate business needs. A shift pattern of 10 days on, 4 days off is to be expected. Otherwise, the standard core business hours are 09:00 - 17:30, Mon-Fri.
- Take ownership of the existing IT department, infrastructure and on-going projects
- Provide clear and precise leadership to IT staff
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide KPI's/training opportunities
- Review, publish and maintain cross departmental IT policies
- Ensure cross departmental documented knowledge is shared and accessible internally
- Analyse business and system requirements of all departments to identify and report IT needs to senior management
- Host technical strategy meetings and represent the company to external organisations
- Manage stakeholder expectations and provide superior client services
- Effectively manage an IT budget and ensure cost efficient business spread
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and vendors
- Actively lead and enforce the Information Security function and policies of the site
- Extensive experience of managing a 24/7 television broadcast IT infrastructure (Win, Linux)
- Networking experience (Cisco, Arista)
- Commercial technical awareness with a keen interest for developing technologies
- Enthusiastic and strong leadership/mentorship skills
- Ability to recognise business opportunities and convert to strategic visions
- A proven track record of leading complex changes and business critical projects
- Provable experience of implementing and managing IT strategies & policies
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Private medical insurance
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
If you are an enthusiastic IT leader with experience in the 24/7 broadcast industry and able to sculpt the most efficient IT team & operations, send me your CV ASAP for a chat!