£620 - £670 per day
12 months ago
Scala Developer - 6 months
Inside IR35 - Up to £670 per day
Our Broadcast and Media client (Europe's leading entertainment brand) is looking for a talented Scala Developer to join the team that develops and supports their technologies, globally. No matter the device, the time, or the place, this team makes sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. The vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment service.
Within this team, the role will be focussed on powering and maintaining their 'continue watching/watchlist' API's etc. You will also power other personalised API's which all have a very high volume of traffic.
This role will be fully remote for now, however once it is safe to go back into the office, you will be expected to work onsite. (Osterley West London)
- Pure Scala - 3 to 5 years' experience
- TDD / BDD - Essential
- Play / AKKA - Desirable
- Functional Scala Developers NOT Big Data Scala Developers
- Docker or Kubernetes (k8s) - Understanding and experience desirable
- Experience with highly scalable systems
- Experience with high TPS (Transactions per second) API's
General Tech Stack
You can expect to work with loads of Scala, SBT, ScalaTest, Akka-http, Kafka, Cassandra, Git, Kubernetes, Gradle, Bash, Prometheus, WireMock, Kibana, Grafana, Gatling, Jenkins, Ansible, Kotlin and Java.
Industry / Background:
- High volume environment / high traffic production type clients (eCommerce, Betting backgrounds)
- Customer facing
- TV / Media industry experience is only desirable
There will be 1 interview for this role, this will be a technical interview for approx. 1 hour 30 minutes.
If this looks to be a role that's right for you, please get in touch today with your CV and contact details!