City of London, London
£37500 - £40000.00 per annum
4 days ago
Group Systems Support - Up-to £40k per annum
Permanent, full time (40 hours per week) role based in London Bridge, London
Reports to the Group Systems Director and works closely with the Group Systems and Group Finance and Operations teams.
This role supports the small Group Systems Team in the provision of administration and support across the group's financial and HR systems in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific offices. As part of a small team you will have autonomy to work under your own initiative, whilst receiving guidance from the Group Systems Director.
The Group Systems team provides application support to the various subsidiaries of Next 15 which use the group's ERP application, Maconomy, as well as other legacy systems. This will be a varied and exciting role which will involve supporting the core ERP system, while helping to improve reporting and dashboards.
This varied role offers a good opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in a challenging environment.
About Next 15 Communications Group plc
Next 15 Communications Group plc is an international business operating in 19 different countries and employs around 1,900 people. It is listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange.
Next 15 is a family of 18 marketing businesses spanning digital content, PR, consumer, technology, marketing software, market research, public affairs and policy communications. Together, we deliver a unique brand of technology- driven marketing. All brands operate as autonomous businesses, allowing the Group to service competing clients.
- Provide first line support to system users
- Oversee the daily performance of IT systems
- Investigate and work closely with technical teams to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Update and maintain system documentation
- Develop and carry out quality control measures to ensure that systems are consistently maintained and updated
- Provide training and training materials to the users of the system
- Work with the implementation and development teams as required
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modification.
- Setting up new users, and maintaining the records of current users on the Next 15 systems
- Working across the various Next 15 brands to a ensure a consistent level of high service to all system users
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades
- Observe system functionality, and actively assess the needs of users on both an individual and brand level, implementing new processes/systems when and where appropriate
- Assist with other application related issues as needed
- Takes a proactive approach to achieving objectives and in day to day dealings
- A motivated self-starter who owns issues through to resolution
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Appreciates the need for consistency, accuracy and attention to detail in all areas of work
- Delivers all communication, both written and verbal, in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Ability to break down complex IT related topics for the benefit of those individuals potentially unfamiliar with company systems
- Successfully prioritise and manage the completion of tasks to set deadlines
- An open and engaging approach to work, with a readiness to collaborate on group projects with other Next 15 units
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them to the systems in place
- Proven track record of progressive responsibility
- Willing to take on new responsibilities quickly and focused on individual career progression
- Previous experience with financial systems
- Good problem solving skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to clarify complex issues
- A high level of skill in the following;
- SQL Server
- SQL query language
- Microsoft office suite
- An experience of accounting and accounting systems/processes
- Prior experience working within a support based role
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Graduate ideally with a business/IT related Bachelor's degree