Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£100000 - £120000 per annum + Max 110k Base + Bonus + Bens
3 months ago
Enterprise Architect - Media Content Software Solutions Architect- West London or Leeds - UK Broadcast and Digital Video Content producer and distributor. Seeking a Lead or Senior Technical Architect to take on this Enterprise wide role, requiring a software and integration background and specific experience working in the media content sector, ideally broadcasting or similar digital video content business. This person will lead Technology Architecture and integration across the business but the focus will be on reengineering media content /broadcast supply chain to new cloud based solutions (strong AWS will be required), software integration with other core broadcast applications, legacy software systems and inputting into the whole technology strategy and roadmap.
This is a great role; acting as the Technical Design Authority for the business, reporting directly into the CTOO, being able to influence and make decisions quickly and having a role that can make a real impact, where you can make a difference without having to jump through loads of bureaucratic hoops. The role would include management, leading a small team of 3 integration developers and a handful of key 3rd party suppliers. A great role if you enjoy working in a senior role but still love to stay close to cutting edge technology such as AWS.
100k-110k base max, 120k including 10% discretionary bonus and other great benefits.
Our client has has been at the forefront of branded television for over 25 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. It has leading branded channels serving up some of britain's best quality content across multiple platforms including its own Vod player, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers
The Enterprise Architect is a key technical leadership role, implementing modern business solutions leveraging cloud (AWS specific), application integration, and data solutions available within the organization. The successful candidate will lead as a technical expert in design and development of software in support of business applications throughout the software development life cycle.
* Proven experience in a similar Senior Architect role, architecting and building solutions and applications across multiple technology areas, probably coming from a software or software integration background
* Specific experience and knowledge of media supply chain systems ideally video content solutions, VoD and linear, video file workflow, media asset management, integration with television broadcast management systems
* Experience with designing, developing, and implementing complex integration for end-to-end solutions at a middleware level with focus on performance optimisation
* Must have strong experience architecting and delivering enterprise scalable applications in AWS cloud. Along with a good understanding of AWS services and the AWS Well Architected Framework.
* Experience implementing solutions using a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) approaches including security, service registry and governance processes
* Experience in delivering solutions for distributed web applications
* Experience designing enterprise authentication and authorisation technologies into solutions
* Deep understanding of development operations delivery automation and configuration
* Experience with data analytics, data-driven business decision-making and visualisation platforms and technologies
* Strong knowledge of Web services (SOAP and REST), JMS, and transfer protocols (HTTPS, SFTP, etc.)
* Development experience and working knowledge of the JBoss product suite, especially Fuse, would be preferable
* Excellent knowledge of integration development, Apache Camel or similar
* Deep experience using IDEs, code management tools (git), build tools (maven) and ticket management tools (JIRA)
* Experience of object oriented analysis and modelling
Skills & Competencies
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and influence across all levels within and outside the organisation
* Excellence in architectural best practice for databases, networking, security, storage and systems integration.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to validate new technology or new approaches at pace
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment