Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
£55000 - £60000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior Software Engineer - (dot)Net - Permanent - Watford- Up-to £60k per annum
Do you care deeply about your work? Do you have a passion for retail and eCommerce? And have you always wanted to build something big, from the ground up, and to really put your mark on something? Then this will be something for you!
About the role
Development within eCommerce is no joke, it involves tooling for product information management, basket and order management, order processing, fraud screening, payment processing, customer returns, various integration and database work. Oh, and don't forget our customer facing website! The tasks are varied, hugely exciting, and come with lots of great challenges.
About the tech..
We need someone that will be able to hit the ground running. There is a great team spirit although you will need fundamental knowledge and experience with the following;
- Engineering experience with .NET platforms hosted in Azure
- Server-side framework experience with NET MVC5 applicationsrunning on ASP 4.7+
- Domain-driven Design is a must. It's at the centre of all architectural and code design decisions
- Database experience with ideally Raven, Azure Table storage and Azure blob storage as well as SQL Azure
- Hands-on experience with queues and subscriptions - Azure ServiceBus etc.
- We use Visual Studio for development, but we're set up to be able to work with your editor of choice.
- Testing with NUnit and bespoke frameworks
- Zeplin for collaboration between the developers and the designer
- We Love Trello and Slack, all our code lives in Git and we build and deploy using AppVeyor
A little bit about you
- You will need to be confident about your abilities as an engineer
- You love UI and real web development
- You can talk to people. You don't need a business analyst to interpret what "the business" wants
- You value clarityand know that sometimes a good spec has its place. You like moving fast, but you know that processes have their place
- You love learning. You know what your strengths are, and you are mature enough to admit to your weaknesses
- You're not looking for a 9-5. You want something that has more meaning than that, and you're looking to be part of somethingwhere the role you play actually matters and makes a tangible difference