Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
£45000 - £70000 per annum
11 days ago
.Net Developer - Permanent
80% Remote - 1-2 days on-site in Watford
Do you care deeply about your work? Do you have a passion for retail and eCommerce? Have you always wanted to build something big, from the ground up, and to really put your mark on something? Then this will be something for you!
About the role
We need someone that will be able to hit the ground running. You won't need everything listed, but we've put this here to give you an idea of the stack we work with on a daily basis. There is a great team spirit here but if you can demonstrate experience with some of the below, you'll be off to a great start!
- .NET platforms hosted in Azure
- Experience with .NET MVC 5 applications working with .NET framework 4.7 / 4.8
- Domain-driven Design is at the centre of all architectural and code design decisions
- Database development, maintenance and scaling with RavenDB, Azure Table storage and Azure blob storage as well as SQL Azure
- Queues and subscriptions - Azure ServiceBus etc.
- We use Visual Studio for development, but we're set up to be able to work with your editor of choice.
- Testing with NUnit and bespoke frameworks
- Zeplin for collaboration between the developers and our amazing designers
- We Love Trello and Slack, all our code lives in Git and we build and deploy using AppVeyor
A little bit about you
- You will need to be confident about your abilities as an engineer
- You love UI and real web development
- You can talk to people. You don't need a business analyst to interpret what "the business" wants
- You value clarity and know that sometimes a good spec has its place. You like moving fast, but you know that processes have their place
- You love learning. You know what your strengths are, and you are mature enough to admit to your weaknesses
- You're looking to be part of something where the role you play actually matters and makes a tangible difference
This is an extremely flexible team within a family focussed organisation. The development team are extremely supportive and love to collaborate closely. You can work mostly from home, but with the occasional day in the office (or more so if you prefer an office environment!) Core hours are 9-5pm but where the team are flexible, they would hope that someone joining them is too!
Great benefits with more being added throughout the year, get in touch if you're interested in learning more about the role and company!