Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
.Net Developer - Permanent
£55-65k per annum
Do you care deeply about your work? Do you have a passion for retail and eCommerce? Have you always wanted to build something big, from the ground up, and to really put your mark on something? Then this will be something for you!
About the role
Development within eCommerce is complex and exciting, it involves tooling for product information management, basket and order management, order processing, fraud screening, payment processing, customer returns, various integration, and database work. Oh, and don't forget our customer facing website! The tasks are varied, hugely exciting, and come with lots of great challenges.
About the tech..
We need someone that will be able to hit the ground running. You won't need everything listed, but we've put this here to give you an idea of the stack we work with on a daily basis. There is a great team spirit here but if you can demonstrate experience with some of the below, you'll be off to a great start!
- .NET platforms hosted in Azure
- Server-side framework experience with .NET MVC 5 applications running on ASP 4.7+
- Experience migrating from .Net Frameworks to .Net Core & .Net 5 highly beneficial
- Domain-driven Design is at the centre of all architectural and code design decisions
- Database development, maintenance and scaling with Raven, Azure Table storage and Azure blob storage as well as SQL Azure
- Queues and subscriptions - (Azure ServiceBus etc.)
- We use Visual Studio for development, but we're set up to be able to work with your editor of choice.
- Testing with NUnit and bespoke frameworks
- Zeplin for collaboration between the developers and our amazing designers
- We Love Trello and Slack, all our code lives in Git and we build and deploy using AppVeyor
A little bit about you
- You will need to be confident about your abilities as an engineer
- You love UI and real web development
- You can talk to people. You don't need a business analyst to interpret what "the business" wants
- You value clarity and know that sometimes a good spec has its place. You like moving fast, but you know that processes have their place
- You love learning. You know what your strengths are, and you are mature enough to admit to your weaknesses
- You're looking to be part of something where the role you play actually matters and makes a tangible difference