£650 - £700 per day
25 days ago
3 Month Rolling
MacOS - Accessibility SME - Apple
Quarterly rolling contract for up to 2 years
Fully remote (EU) OR Inside IR35 (UK)
Client: Global consumer electronics
Are you passionate about building MacOS apps that everyone can use irrelevant of abilities? Would you enjoy working with a team, whose role is to support, advise and shape how apps are built, helping to make more applications accessible to more people? If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a varied role, where you'll be working with global teams. You could be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times.
You'll need to be technically astute to consult and support with diverse teams and to help them ensure the best out-puts, so we are looking for:
- First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control, Zoom, Closed Captions, and Audio Descriptions, Screen Magnifiers, Sdaptive Keyboards etc.
- Expert understanding of Excellent Web Accessibility, Best Practices, Accessibility APIs specific for MacOS Applications.
- MacOS programming experience - Objective-C & Swift
- Excellent experience with AppKit, Xcode IDE and Cocoa frameworks
- Understanding of accessibility APIs such as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
- Using AppleScript and Automator workflows to simplify complex tasks
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOS and macOS
- Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
The Accessibility Centre of Excellence is a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams.
In this position you may be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times.
You will be a pragmatic and charismatic individual, able to push for the best results whilst also maintaining excellent relationships with all those you work with. Successful candidates must be fast learners, capable to adapt and adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility is essential.