£250 - £450 per day + Inside IR35
13 days ago
Desktop Support Engineer - Gaming Industry
Hybrid - Knutsford, United Kingdom
12 Month Contract (potential to extend/perm)
An international gaming company seek their next IT support hero - is that you?
Do you have experience of supporting a gaming or media infrastructure, or possibly you're considered the IT wizard in your current setting?
Using your Windows & Linux skills to support your team daily, you will also play a critical part in the transformation of an international IT department merge - where you will help build up the IT operational standards.
Based in Knutsford, or Wilmslow, this hybrid role requires you on-site 3 days a week.
What they need you to do:
- Providing 1st & 2nd line support to the business
- OS imaging, maintenance, and deployment
- General Windows, MAC and Linux workstation and server maintenance
- Setup, update, and fault diagnosis of console platforms (e.g. Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and mobile devices (Android and iOS)
- License administration
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network equipment (e.g. patching, configuring/installing switches, etc).
- High level configuration of storage systems (eg: creation of SMB shares, DFS hierarchy, SVN repositories, etc).
- Adding/maintaining network service related data (eg: DHCP reservations / scopes / etc; DNS records).
- Creating and maintaining documentation for departmental use and for consumers of IT support services, for example, to include but not limited to IP address register, equipment register, setup / standards docs, FAQ's, how-to's.
- Depending on projects on hand there may be a requirement for regular travel between Knutsford and Wilmslow sites, additionally there may be infrequent requirements for travel to other offices (eg: Maidenhead).
They're hoping you have some of these skills:
- Installation and configuration of Windows server
- Understanding of basic LAN/WAN technologies (e.g. Ethernet, IP, ISO 7 layer model, etc).
- Remote administration tools for Windows and Active Directory
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Familiarity with PowerShell
- Experience in SCCM Microsoft System Center Suite desirable
- Remote administration tools for Linux / VMware / Hyper-V
My mailbox is waiting for your CV, so if this sounds like your next role be sure to send it to me ASAP.