£450 - £500 per day
about 1 year ago
Business Analyst with VoD/ Digital Broadcast Media/Sport domain knowledge, capable of designing business processes to support digital product workflows.
Our West London based broadcast media client is looking for experience documenting product features delivering digital video content to web, mobile, games consoles &/or Smart TV.
With a background in digital product delivery you will apply analysis methodologies and domain knowledge to ensure the product implementation is efficient, viable and user-focused.
The BA will work closely with resources and stakeholders (off-shore or on-site) to deliver digital product features by gathering requirements, solution design options and acceptance criteria that balance tactical speed with strategic future-proofing.
The work will drive initiatives supporting the broadcasters target of engaging consumers and growing markets for the video-focused products, primarily VoD/ Streaming video players, across mobile, web and smart TV.
* Business Analyst with Media/Broadcast/Sport domain knowledge.
* Experience documenting product features delivering digital content to web, mobile, games consoles &/or Smart TV.
* SDLC - experience breaking down requirements for development.
* Capable of designing business processes to support digital product workflows.
* ISEB/BSC qualification or professional experience as a BA.
* Degree level or above.
* Demonstrable experience of applying methodologies to document product features depending on complex business process and data flows, ideally in a digital content management business.
* Experience of working across all stages of the software development life-cycle.
* Experience of working with a mixture of in-house, outsourced and offshore teams.
* Competent written and oral communication. Able to present to non-digitally savvy audiences
* Exposure to Agile product development practices e.g. Scrum, Kanban.
* Considered approach to decision making.
* Interest in sport and/or a good understanding of the media industries.
* Represent the Business stakeholders to Technology colleagues and vice versa.
* Document the workflows and system interfaces upon which the digital products depend.
* Identify pain points and opportunities within existing operational process.
* Scope and design processes leveraging existing systems and resource.
* Specify product requirements, solution design options and acceptance criteria.
* Work independently across reporting lines to contribute to multiple digital product delivery projects and encourage a positive team culture.
* Enable delivery of the product roadmap, capturing requirements, use case specifications and acceptance criteria as required to enable software development teams to succeed.
* Seek and incorporate feedback from a range of sources to ensure requirements and solution designs are accurate, clear and value-driven.
* Work successfully within an ambitious milestone-driven environment and contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products.
* Make best practice use of analysis methodologies e.g. UML, BPMN, User Stories, BDD.
* Other tasks as required as part of the product delivery process.
This role will work closely with teams in product, technology, operations and editorial to define and implement requirements that will enable digital properties to deliver distinctive consumer experiences to international markets.
This is an international business with teams across Europe, and relationships with suppliers and organisations around the world. As such, some international travel may be required for the successful applicant.