£290 - £550 per day + Max £550pd to Umbrella inside ir35
14 days ago
ASAP within 2-4 weeks
Business Analyst - retail / ecommerce and experiences - Hybrid Working mainly home with some Greater London Watford (inside ir35) 12 month contract.
Business Analysts working for the Global Operations Technology team for this well known Media business working in the retail / ecommerce and experiences area responsible for delivering D2C and B2B business applications and process improvement. The role is a backfill role and will be picking up and continuing BA work for existing roadmap projects - mainly multiple small BA projects some that are inflight and some starting out. Projects are a mix of waterfall and agile technology delivery covering a diverse set of business applications effecting physical business operations.
We are Looking for a good generalist Technology Business Analyst, experienced in providing business analysis on multiple projects in any of the following areas, retail, ecommerce, supply chain, POS, Payment Gateway/PCI security, or event/Tour experiences / ticketing etc or similar.
Projects are more business process and consumer application update/deployment focussed, BA experience in Retail, ecommerce and supply chain would be ideal and PCI/security nice to have.
Looking for someone who is great at working with all levels of stakeholder, so great communicator, adaptable/flexible, pragmatic, a self starter, knows what they should be doing, broad spectrum of technology projects.
Contract is 12 months duration - Inside ir35 up to £552 to the umbrella. Hybrid working - mainly from home but they will need to travel to Watford/London when required as part of the role (this could be 2 days one week none the next or none for 3 weeks and then 1 week on site - it all depends on the needs of the project etc but the bulk can be done from home. Must be UK based and have UK right to work). There is Also a Junior BA role in the same team but at the lower rate.
This role sits within the Tours & Retail pillar, which supports Global Retail, eCommerce and Tours businesses. This group are responsible for all operational, digital, marketing, and guest-facing technologies, as well as serving as the central hub for all technical support activities. The team look after the tech needed to run physical operations, globally for Tours & Retail, but could also extend to Studio Operations, Physical Security, Real Estate and Mergers & Acquisitions etc
As Business Analyst for the global technology portfolios within Technology, you will play an important role in the success of those teams. You will be the business process expert, spearheading analysis and functional specifications for complex technology strategic initiatives.
This is a hands-on BA role with strong PM capabilities, working directly with BU process owners and stakeholders, as well as project and technical managers to ensure alignment of technology solutions with strategic roadmaps. The role requires excellent Business-Partner Relationship Management skills, as well as a good understanding of application infrastructure and system integrations.
This position is responsible for the development of functional requirements, process maps and relative BA/Project documentation. They will be conducting user interviews and lead workshops with project stakeholders to elicit functional requirements and designs for projects and enhancements. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, they will use their functional knowledge to support the subsequent phases of design, development, testing and deployment. This position will also provide analysis on technology business transformation initiatives and associated business impact.
This a great opportunity to excel in a fast-paced environment, encompassing a diverse range of applications. You will have the chance to focus on initiatives within numerous business areas, across the whole application ecosystem.
- Functional expert, responsible for synthesizing technology solutions, through the interpretation of business requirements
- Requirements Gathering, Process Mapping, Capability Modelling, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Business Process Transformation, and Change Management are all critical parts of this role
- Responsible for BA deliverables through project lifecycle; inclusive of leading design sessions, building business scenarios for testing, reviewing test plans and ensuring the appropriate end-user acceptance testing is obtained and finally, ensuring the required stabilization plan for the solution is in place
- Champion business change in alignment to project strategy, to enable high solution adoption
- Identify improvement opportunities and contribute to project road-mapping
- Work with the business teams to identify key capability needs and identify potential challenges in realizing these
- Maintain excellent stakeholder management skills and sustainment of outstanding business partner relationships
- Assertively manage challenging conversations, maintaining transparency and trust with high-demanding business leaders
- Maintain understanding of changing business needs and the subsequent impact on process or technology
- Collaborates with technical resources and provide input to technical design specifications
- Liaises with internal & external technology teams, to ensure agreed business system features are properly implemented
Proven prior experience to successfully applying in-depth business analysis within both B2C and B2B environments (ideally Retail, ecommerce, Event ticketing), as well as a mixture of Digital and Operational systems will be of great value for the successful execution of this role. Prior experience in multi-geography implementations is required, due to the global and diverse nature of our portfolio. A solid understanding of complex application ecosystems with dependencies on digital product and financial integrations is highly desirable. Strong experience in any of the following will be considered advantageous:
- ticketing, websites, retail & eComm, warehousing, customer service and analytics
- operating within PCI landscapes
- dashboard tools such as Tableau or other reporting apps
- data lake structures
- working on projects with satellite project resources &/or vendors, across multiple time zones
- working within a high-paced customer-facing environment
- salesforce suite; implementations of Service, Marketing and Sales Clouds
As a BA, you will be passionate about your work and problem solving, with a motivation to deliver effective business analysis skills in projects that in turn contribute to realizing business benefit.
Flexible, resilient, driven and committed; you will exhibit a strong team orientation, with an innately proactive and not reactive approach to work.
Energetic and meticulously organized; you are expected to have impeccable communications skills and be able to balance multiple concurrent and/or conflicting priorities.
Available to work flexible hours between geographies to accommodate cross-time zone collaboration, as well as responding during off-hours to lead decision-making of critical issues is expected.
- Understand Business Processes & Requirements in-depth and effectively apply them to appropriate technical solutions
- Drive gap-analysis exercises where necessary and develop process flows for to-be state
- Contribute to BU Stakeholder Management and comms during project phases
Education & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree -- preferred
- PM Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
- BA Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.