£300 - £400 per day
9 months ago
Test / Developer (C, Linux, Python) - 6 Month Contract - £300-£400 per da
We're looking for someone with Embedded (STB), Network domain experience as well as some Development experience with Embedded C products.
The main focus of the position will be to work as a Test/Developer in an agile team, working closely with developers, Architects designing test framework, performing Unit testing, identifying test cases and writing test scripts throughout the life-cycle of the Bootloader release.
The person will be responsible for the delivery of the following key device test work stream deliverables:
Test phase preparatory activities including:
- Requirements Gathering from both technical and non-technical sources
- Analysis and design of test scenarios and cases/scripts from Product requirements
- Knowledge transition / acquisition
- Test device/Server/Virtual machine Lab set up
- General test readiness activities
- Create and Maintain Robust and Repeatable Test Plan, Test cases, Test script to verify Functional and Non-Functional Quality of IPTV Product
- Experience of writing Test cases, Test scenarios, Use cases from Product requirement and Design Specification
- Experience working closely with Development team to create/perform Unit tests and automate manual tests
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and generation of daily builds
- Automation testing with practical experience in at least one programming language. E.g. Python, C, Shell
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
- Experience of testing network products using Ethernet, Wireless 2.4/5Ghz through different types of internet connections (IPv4/IPv6) DSL, DOCSIS technologies)
- Strong technical ability working with Networking Applications (e.g. DHCPV4, DHCPV6, Telnet, Firewalls, Routing, SLAAC, UPnP and MoCA)
- Strong End-User and modern Application Knowledge of Consumer Network Products such as Broadband, SKY/CISCO/COMCAST Routers, Modems and Wireless Access Points
- Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP
- Experience of testing and downloading software using HTTP/HTTPS/TFTP/NTP etc
- Experience of testing wireless standards 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n
- Experience in WLAN Packet Analysis - WPA/WPA2-PSK & Enterprise (802.1x)
- Experience and subject matter expert with network management tools such as Sniffers, Wireshark
- Experience configuring, testing and troubleshooting networking technologies, WLAN security protocols (802.1x, AES, etc.).
- Have detailed knowledge of hardware architecture and software features of the various products and technologies in order to act as a Domain technical expert and point of contact for various engineers.
- Experience of working in an agile and CI Continuous Integration based environment (Scrum, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence)
- Offer technical consultancy to the Test team for improving testing efficiency and extending the test coverage of automated test frameworks
- Exposure to Bootloader would be added advantage.
- Must have an experience working in Agile scrum environment
- Experience in JIRA or similar Agile Project Management/Defect Management/Test Management Tools like HP ALM Quality Centre
- Working experience on performance testing tools such as Ixia (IxNetwork, IxLoad, Breaking Point) would be advantageous