£400 - £500 per day + Inside ir35 £500pd to Umbrella
about 2 months ago
6 months +
ASAP within 2-4 weeks notice
We are recruiting a Jnr to Mid-Level Project Manager with Broadcast or VoD Project experience to Join our International Media Client. This role is to work on a number of small to medium sized Broadcast and Video On Demand Operations Projects. The right person needs to have previous broadcast sector experience and have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience managing similar Broadcast operations Projects or VoD operations Projects.
The client is based in West London and you would be expected to be on site ideally 1-2 days a week although there is some flexibility on this. This is initially a 6 month contract but likely to continue to the end of the year and beyond for the right person. This is inside IR35 paying £450pd - £500pd to the Umbrella including all holiday pay and employer and employee costs. We are looking for someone to start asap but happy to wait approx. 1 months' notice for the right person.
Our Broadcast client has an exciting and expanding portfolio of work for the year ahead and need an additional team member to oversee some key operational projects.
The projects would be working with different Product & Delivery teams across the linear and nonlinear (VoD) Broadcast Workflows from Content Acquisition, Rights & Scheduling, order management to fulfilment, media operations, Commercial Airtime sales/ Ad Sales, (to a lesser extent MAM, Playout Distribution) etc. Examples include lots of new VoD and D2C launches and onboarding with a number of affiliates across Telco and streaming platforms, expanding international channel launches and new regions/Languages, new channel interfaces, Changes in system integration and interface specifications, Broadcast system upgrades.
The role would be managing some of these projects in parallel, using a light touch PM approach, tracking deliverables in an agile fashion, sprint planning, helping move projects forward by pitching in where necessary, being hands on by helping with design specs, requirements gathering/business requirements, testing etc. Using tools including spreadsheets and Jira etc
In summary we are after:
- Jnr - Mid level Project Manager with hands on Broadcast Projects experience (Broadcast Technical operations experience rather than business change experience)
- Need to have linear Broadcast operations workflow knowledge and projects experience in some of the areas above, broadcast engineering background would be useful
- Ideally some experience with VoD non-linear projects such as onboarding with new affiliates
- Hands on Project Management style rather than too process driven - someone that can be hands on and likes to get stuck in rather than pure project management
- Agile experience, sprint planning etc
- Able to lead multiple smaller delivery projects in parallel
- Some of the projects include software development, so some experience of working with software developers/software development and integration engineers would be useful
- Able to work well with broadcast product and development teams as well as business stakeholders.
- Happy to use tools such as spreadsheets and Jira rather than dedicated PM tools
- Ideally PM qualification (or relevant best practice experience)