West London, London
Up to £500 per day + Outside ir35
about 1 month ago
6 months +
Global Broadcast Media client in West London is looking for a Broadcast Business Analyst or BA with previous Broadcast Media domain knowledge. This role is to work on unifying Content Workflows following the merger of 2 broadcasters. Role will be to focus on business requirements and help map out target end to end business processes using BPM swim lanes. Helping to unify the process of content coming in and going out to the various platforms for Linear channels and non linear VoD platforms. Helping manage the relevant business change.
Good knowledge of the Broadcast Media Content Supply Chain as well as Content Operations knowledge are required.
This is Hybrid working with some regular client site visits in West London. Outside ir35.
- Previous relevant Broadcast Business Analysis experience, Mapping out end to end broadcast processes and manage business change.
- Experience of working within a broadcast domain as you will be working directly with programming, broadcast engineering and operations teams looking after linear and non-linear programming.
- Ability to facilitate workshops to elicit requirements and solutions - Write clear and concise requirements and acceptance criteria by conducting interviews, work flow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions using core analyst capabilities of elicitation, visualization, and facilitation
- Business process analysis skills, BPM using Swim Lanes
- Broadcast Media Content Supply Chain / Content Operations domain knowledge, including some of the following:
Media Acquisition, Media Asset Management /MAM Media Management, Playout & distribution, VOD, Localisation, Broadcast Metadata Management, Broadcast Channel Management systems BMS / Scheduling, Media Delivery Workflows, QC, Post Production, Content packaging and delivery to platforms/playout (Traffic)
- Minimum 5 years' experience performing business Analysis analysis covering IT/Broadcast domains
- Ability to mediate between different operational and technical teams to find mutually beneficial resolutions to issues - Comfortable pushing back or challenging status quo to ensure good business solutions
- Demonstrate an ability to work with technical and non-technical teams in order to understand technical concepts and accurately capture business requirements.
- Strong documentation skills using appropriate documentation and methods to illicit and capture and explain 'As Is" requirements and processes back to the business teams, systems analysts and solutions teams.
- Strong communication skills - Evidenced ability to influence and negotiate
- Experienced at working with third party suppliers and across time zones and cultures
- Also, an ability to work through assumptions and scenarios to challenge technical and operational design decisions
- Experience or solid appreciation of how to successfully work as an analyst in distributed, cross-functional technical team project team
- Experienced in Change Management - RACI Capture to ensure stakeholders and teams who will be managing the future workflows are correctly identified to ensure business change is captured and managed. - Ensures change management when required for new business processes and business functions required to support the technical changes
- Utilise the gained knowledge of the existing business processes to inform 'To Be' solutions and process workflows, acting as the voice of the business in order to ensure "To Be" system and process changes meet the business requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in arbitrating between business, technical and operations teams to help prioritize "must have" vs "should have" requirements should conflicts arise..
- Experiencing working directly with business users facilitating sign off of To Be workflows and User Acceptance Testing
- Able to Make recommendations for efficiently fulfilling business need/objectives, system or business process improvements
- Able to articulate technical pieces of work to non-technical personnel
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Focused on delivering customer value quickly, iterating and learning
- Communicate progress status as required for technology or business stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with partners from other segments within the client including technology, operations and engineering teams and external
- To be a self starter, define deliverable's and manage own timelines