£500 - £550 per day
5 months ago
3 Month Rolling
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer - Rolling 3 month contract - Remote/West London
Our International Broadcast/Media client is looking for an exceptional AWS - DevOps engineer who has built, managed, and deployed extensively on AWS infrastructure.
As the Development Ops Engineer in a geographically diverse development team, you employ your deep coding and technical experience in this critical role, providing coding and hands-on technology expertise, working on and suggesting process and application improvements. You will have the freedom to provide guidance on applicable tool chains and the flexibility to use modern frameworks.
The role we have created will give you the opportunity to help architect some of the infrastructure for a global OTT presence, while solving challenging technical problems. We are working closely with internal solutions architects, their partners and Amazon directly to implement the right solutions for ultimate scalability, durability, and performance.
* The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
* Automating deployment of key systems
* Version Control management
* Pipeline structuring
* 12 factor application architecture
* Containerization technologies
* Architecting Microservices based apps
* Maximise utilization of AWS components.
* Create, maintain, and enhance the following: test, validation, and logging infrastructure for our AWS components.
* Prepare periodic reports on engineering activities, for the purposes of project management and resource planning.
* Continuously work to improve product, process, and tools proficiency, for the purposes of company growth, user experience, and timely product deliver.
* Periodically meet with third party development and content partners, in order to maintain close collaborative relationships and resolve integration challenges.
* At least 10 years of general DevOps/WS/DB/infrastructure experience.
* Deep and broad software development experience.
* Wide experience in many languages and technologies.
* Technologically confident: not afraid to try new things.
* Excellence in problem solving, strategic thinking, and working in a team-oriented environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
* Experience in web application development and deployment.
* DNS / Reverse Proxies, and support web technologies
* Proven practical experience with most if not all components of AWS: EC2, Beanstalk, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloudfront, SNS, SWF, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, IAM, CloudFormation.
* Familiarity with SOA principles and practice.
* Experience reading, analyzing, and absorbing AWS white papers, architectural documents, and technical briefs.
* Service rollout plus complete multi-cycle SDLC experience, using Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, etc.
* Exposure to AWS auxiliary tools and practices (e.g., Chaos Monkey, Asgard, etc).
* Hands-on experience with monitoring tools, intrusion detection mechanisms, and vulnerability assessment tools and practices.
Beyond the requirements above, the preferred candidate will have:
* CDN experience (Akamai, Cloudfront)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Video Broadcast / Web media delivery technologies