West End, London
£400 - £450 per day
10 months ago
Automotive Technical Product Manager
3-4 Days per week - Fully remote flexible working
Outside IR35 - Up to £450 per day
My client is a non-profit organisation, backed by radio broadcasters around the world. Their work helps keep radio strong in connected devices, like computers, mobiles, and smart speakers but our main aim is to establish partnerships with car manufacturers in the fast-growing connected car sector to keep radio strong in future dashboards.
They are taking a leading role in working with car companies and equipment manufacturers, to ensure that next-generation car radios are smart, central to the dashboard, safe to use - and respectful of broadcaster's content and brands.
The Automotive Product Manager (APM) will initially be a part-time contract role and report to the Director of Automotive Partnerships. The APM will be responsible for managing and developing our key automotive products, in particular:
- The Worldwide API which provides official broadcaster metadata (eg station logos, streaming URLs, on-demand content, phonetics to car manufacturers to help create a rich radio experience.
- Reference Hybrid Radio application designed for the Android Automotive Operating System.
- Headless Android Automotive apps and app integrations with Android Auto and Apple Carplay
The APM's role will include…
- Owning all car-related products.
- Building a roadmap for future development of our automotive products and services with the team and international broadcasters.
- Providing expert technical support, advice and guidance on how to integrate our products and services.
- Establishing working relationships with partners and 3rd party suppliers.
- Working with C-suite staff.
- Work with automotive app store providers to help on-board mobile apps.
- Involvement in tactical technical projects aimed at improving the in-car radio experience.
- For example, in areas like interface prototyping, metadata acquisition/enhancement, and addition of new features like voice control, podcasts, and personalisation
- Liaising with other radio/automotive-related organisations.
The right candidate;
- You have great product stewardship capabilities and are comfortable working directly with clients and prospects to develop existing or new partnerships
- You have proven technical expertise in areas such as automotive infotainment, app development (particularly in Android), API development or Radio
- You have a client-first mentality and a proactive, collaborative approach to managing problems, questions and requests from clients
- You have a good understanding of how media services in connected car dashboards are changing technically
- You have a track record of being involved with technological innovation in the automotive and/or audio sectors
- You're naturally collaborative, with a history of working effectively within a team and across diverse groups of people
- You are confident enough to lead technical discussions with broadcasters, car manufacturers and other stakeholders
- You have a 'start-up mentality' - you're used to rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done, even if you have to learn new skills to do it
- We welcome applicants from EU and international countries. You embrace an international outlook, and you may be proficient in several languages
This is an important role, in an ambitious and fast-growing organisation. We have a clear aim to help keep radio strong in future car dashboards and our automotive partners are expanding.